ASA Qualifier at Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club on Jan. 30 & 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASA Qualifier at Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club on Jan. 30 & 31

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail is kicking off the 2010 season at Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club on January 30 & 31. This is the first North Texas ASA qualifier for 2010. Cowtown is also hosting the 2010 ASA State Championship so this will be a great chance to get a look at their range. The guys at Cowtown have built a new covered concrete walkway practice range and are preparing 60 shooting lanes for this shoot. They will have two 30 Mckenzie target ranges. One 30 target range for Open shooters and Unlimited and one 30 target range for the Pins, Youth and Eagle classes.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, 15 known distance targets and 15 unknown distance targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

We have two new classes for 2010. At the request of many of our female shooters ASA has created a Women’s Known 40 class. The K-40 class competitors will be grouped together or with K-45 shooters. K-40 shooters will be allowed to use range finders on all targets, and NO known distance sheets will be passed out to the shooters in the K-40 and K-45 classes. The other new class is the Youth Pins class. This class was designed to transition youth shooters from NASP and 4-H programs into ASA competition without requiring them to need a target bow, sight/scope, and stabilizer set up to be competitive.

The Shooter of The Year program (North region) will be based on your 6 best qualifier scores out of the 10 North Texas qualifiers PLUS your state championship score. We will be awarding SOY buckles for all adult, young adult, and youth classes (not eagles) for 2010. Classes must average 3 paying competitors per qualifier to be elgible for Shooter of the Year competition.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Cowtown's range has a mix of mature hardwoods, thick under growth, open fields and elevation changes. The guys at Cowtown are known for setting challenging and fun courses. Come out and kick off the 2010 ASA season with us at Cowtown !!!!

And remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

Jayde & I will be there Sunday, Can't wait to see everyone again

Comment

Working very hard to make this one of the BEST shoots of the year. We will be shooting all NEW lanes , and a U-turn style course so everyone can visit. The layout will be close to a Pro/Am style. Hope for good weather and looking forward to seeing everyone .

Comment

When will the traditional shooters go off

Comment

Originally posted by jmark100 View Post
          When will the traditional shooters go off
          The traditional shooters will start at 7:30 am both days. If any trad shooters miss the early time they can go off with the rest of the shooters at 10:00 am.

Comment

plan to be there sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              The traditional shooters will start at 7:30 am both days. If any trad shooters miss the early time they can go off with the rest of the shooters at 10:00 am.
              See y'all on Sunday morning!!!!!!

Comment

see ya sat.

Comment

See ya Saturday!

Comment

See y'all on Sunday morning!!!!!!
                    You bringing that little deer slayer Lauren with you? I am still trying to figure out which day to go. I was thinking about bringing Britt.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
                      You bringing that little deer slayer Lauren with you? I am still trying to figure out which day to go. I was thinking about bringing Britt.

Not until I get are a new Bear compound.
                      I will bring your cooler with me on Sunday.

Comment

I'll be there Sunday...save me a spot in BOW NOVICE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                          I'll be there Sunday...save me a spot in BOW NOVICE!!!
                          Sorry Dave.....This rule is for You.

The ASA State Director and Area Representatives have the authority and responsibility to assign a registered shooter to a higher competition class based on knowledge of the competitor’s prior archery performance or experience, or the individual’s established competition level in another organization. ASA Pro/Am and Federation earnings (if known) will be considered.

Fortunately for me.... I have the authority and.... I have the knowledge.

Comment

Spoilsport!!LOL

Comment

Hunter and I will be there Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                              X