Extension Cable for Cuddeback Antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension Cable for Cuddeback Antenna

I want to get my Cuddeback Home unit about 30ft in the air to clear the tree line. But I want to do by raising the antenna, not the entire system. Has anybody bought a cable to mount the antenna remotely? Is there any db lose and if so, does the additional line of sight justify a bit of db lose?

I know there are repeaters but that is additional cost and hardware that could fail. As I have already had one new CuddeBack G Series Power House fail with it only being 3 months old.

No personal experience with the cuddeback system but you can certainly raise an antenna 30 feet to get better reception. Link below will allow you to find anything you might need from cables to better antennas. I have no ties to the company it's just where I purchase some stuff.

The benefit of raising the antenna will obsiously be countered by the db loss but the benefit of raising the antebnna far out weights the small loss in the additional cable run IMHO. Without some type of signal strength meter/analyzer you will never know the exact benefit.

Getting "yagi" directional antennas on the remote cams pointed tiwards your base unit will also add system efficiency. Just make sure the antenna specs fall in line with the Frequency that the cuddeback system transmits at.

Could you give a review of the cuddeback system when you get a chanc??

Data Alliance is a manufacturer of antennas for WiFi, LTE, Bluetooth, and GPS; antenna mounts, antenna cables, Enclosures.
    Last edited by Pedernal; 06-15-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and the link.

I do not have enough time with them to give an honest feedback. The Range is not as far as I was hoping for and 1 camera needs to go back in for warranty work in under 3 months. I would not use them without the Solar Panel as they eat battery's, with the solar panel, you have no worries as it charges more then the unit consumes.

Comment

For idea of Range, using Google Maps. My Camera is 1480ft from the Home Unit, Signal averages 18 to 35. On our terrain I would think I could reach 1600ft. I would like to see if we could reach 2500ft by raising the Antenna. For an idea of the terrain we are near Hebbronville

Comment

Working...
        X