A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    Was a good day yesterday. Big bird early then caught 15-20 bass with lifelong buddy. Home by 1.
    Congrats. Those hairy necks are one of the most underrated trophies to pursue in the spring!

Comment

Congrats on a great day! Those sheds are amazing! Keep up the great work/info.

Comment

Love the videos! Thanks for taking the time and effort to share your knowledge.

Comment

Good job on the thunder chicken and thanks for sharing the shed video.

Comment

Cool video on your sheds. You have some giants coming up through the ranks.

Comment

Seed arrived in the barn today. I love this time of year! 100% chance of rain essentially all day tomorrow but if not too significant I'm going to plant a 9 acre field friday. After that will start planting all the fields as conditions get perfect. Will video it all hopefully creating something interesting as there are differences in how I will treat some of the fields. Yipee!

The two partial bags you see on the stack to the left are pole beans and okra. Couldn't help it, decided to throw a little in a couple of the mixes.
              Attached Files

Comment

Seed arrived in the barn today. I love this time of year! 100% chance of rain essentially all day tomorrow but if not too significant I'm going to plant a 9 acre field friday. After that will start planting all the fields as conditions get perfect. Will video it all hopefully creating something interesting as there are differences in how I will treat some of the fields. Yipee!

The two partial bags you see on the stack to the left are pole beans and okra. Couldn't help it, decided to throw a little in a couple of the mixes.
                Plant if you gottem!!!!

Comment

In for the okra results. We added it in this year. Can’t wait to watch all the videos as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Incredible thread. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

How is the planting going? Great thread by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tester View Post
                        How is the planting going? Great thread by the way.
                        taking a break for lunch as we are full on planting running tractor daylight to dark this week. Been wet which slowed everything down but making up for lost ground now. After tomorrow we will be down to two fields for our summer deer mix which will be planted next week. They are ready but one is too wet and the other I'm concerned about spring flooding as the river is still high.

Once finished with that we will invigorate the vetch fields. Will very lightly disc the existing fields and plant one new one. And then...well the chores never stop.

I am videoing it all and should have new youtube later next week showing everything.

Comment

Some things never change
                          Attached Files

Comment

Elgato when you started with the notill method did you fertilize your fields the first few years?

2 of my fields are in need of a boost. I will be planting the other half of one of them and I am considering adding fertilizer to my seed mix and drilling it in with seed. This may break every rule of farming and be a real bad idea but I have not read or seen anything that addresses the issue in the first year before a biomass Foundation is obtained.

Any assistance or advice by the notillers would be appreciated.

Comment

Nice footage!

Comment

Was a good day yesterday. Big bird early then caught 15-20 bass with lifelong buddy. Home by 1.
                                Wow! you look good and a ****** in that photo.

Comment

Working...
                                X