Reloader 26 for 6.5 CM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloader 26 for 6.5 CM

Does anyone have any experience with reloader 26 in the 6.5 Creedmoor? I had been reading a lot on other forums and decided to take my first dive into load development that didn't directly follow a load manual. I am loading for the 143 ELD-X with Hornady brass in a Ruger American Predator. I started waaay low to be on the safe side and slowly worked up to 47.1 grains watching for pressure signs on each shot. Most places I had read were loading up above 49 grains.

Once I got past the initial loads, the last two average 2780 fps and 2804 fps! They were only 3 shot groups to start, but the last one had less than half an inch of vertical dispersion at 200 yards with two shots touching. I didn't see any primer flow and there were no ejector marks on the brass.

Am I way off base here or does this line up with what other folks are seeing? It seems to follow the trend I'm seeing on other forums, but I thought I'd check here for any feedback. Thanks!

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
    2780 fps and 2804 fps!
    Following

Comment

I just ordered 2 lbs myself, this powder is supposed to be magic in the Creed getting 150fps more than any other powder, with no pressure issues. You should be able to shoot up to 49gr max at near 2900fps. Just keep working up the ladder and watching for pressure signs. This is same bullet I plan to load for my barrel is 22". QL is showing 2893fps with Hornady brass. This is easily over 200fps over factory loads with this bullet.

Comment

FYI the only official load data I could find was on Berger's website for the 135 classic hunter. Starts at 45.0 going 2657 fps up to 49.8 running 2977.

Comment

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
          FYI the only official load data I could find was on Berger's website for the 135 classic hunter. Starts at 45.0 going 2657 fps up to 49.8 running 2977.
          Yeah I contacted Alliant and they didn't have anything for 6.5 CM

Comment

Reloader powder always shows good velocity when I use it. I don’t own a CM but I hear a lot of people using it in place of H4350 because it’s so hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you want the berger info I have the manual.

Comment

I'm a first time reloader so I am leaving as I go but how and what all do you look for containing the pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by dbwilson View Post
                  I'm a first time reloader so I am leaving as I go but how and what all do you look for containing the pressure?
                  Shoot over a chronograph. It will show a pressure spike before your brass will.

The ladder will have data like this.

2350............Pressure spike

I stop when approaching max and I see the pressure spike.

Another clue is the group opening up. This will usually happen about when the brass shows signs.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                    Shoot over a chronograph. It will show a pressure spike before your brass will.

The ladder will have data like this.

2350............Pressure spike

I stop when approaching max and I see the pressure spike.

Another clue is the group opening up. This will usually happen about when the brass shows signs.
                    Great thanks for the info! I'm sure I will have quite a few more questions as I get started with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X