5g sucks att

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5g sucks att

Has anyone else noticed that 5G Service with their cellular provider is absolutely horrendous? We have AT&T in Fort Bend County and this 5G is so much slower than 4G LTE. It seems to be a common problem from other people and neighbors I’ve talked to in the area but wanted to see if it’s just localized or is 5G everywhere in the same

I had a 5G phone that jumped into the lake and I had to go back to my old 4g phone. I have notice a difference. The 4G is slower for us in the Pearland/Manvel area.

Comment

yes it does suck, i got a new phone a couple of months ago and im regretting it every day. i bought my wife a new phone for mothers day and she hates hers too. there aren't enough 5g towers i don't believe

Comment

I just upgraded to the 13 pro with AT$T. I have trouble even getting a call to go thru with 5G. Hopefully it gets better. SA/Boerne area

Comment

I can see downtown Houston from my roof. My service is so bad I put a $1000.00 amp in and went from 1 bar to 2 bars. They want us all to go Wifi. At&t even sent me a Wifi booster...

Comment

I didn't notice at first but after having to go back I can tell a difference.

Comment

It's horrible. I've never understood why anyone would try to fix something that isn't broken.

Comment

I was better off with my iPhone XR & LTE (before my phone earpiece took a poop) than I am with my new 13 Pro Max on 5G. Hopefully service starts improving soon.

Comment

Yep the 5G with my AT&T is really bad.

Comment

Are you talking about inside your house or outside?

I've heard that the 5g signals don't travel through structures as well as 4g or 3g but clear signals were definitely faster. Admittedly this is just second hand information and I don't know all the intricate details.

Comment

Great my I 8 took crash and I am due for a free phone , I already have connection problems west of Eldorado, this update will probably make it worse, after reading the post

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                        Are you talking about inside your house or outside?

I've heard that the 5g signals don't travel through structures as well as 4g or 3g but clear signals were definitely faster. Admittedly this is just second hand information and I don't know all the intricate details.
                        Unless your next to a tower or repeater, ATT inhales wherever one is

Comment

Yes. Agreed. Also here in Fort Bend County and work takes me to Cypress, Conroe, and Kingwood.

We dropped AT&T end of May and went back to T-Mobile. Much better and paying less now for 3 phones than we did for 2 at AT&T.

Only reason I tried AT&T years ago was they had better service than the rest in Colorado mountains. That's no longer the case.

Comment

Yep mine sucks. I use to be able to turn 5g off. But my new AT&T iPhone won’t let me. Really sucks.

Comment

Mine is fine just about everywhere I go. Rarely a problem with 5g att on an s21

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X