Lowake steak house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowake steak house

Anyone have any experience with this place?

I used to drive by it every time I went to the deer lease. It was always packed. Never did stop but always thought it must be good because there was always a lot of cars in the parking lot

Comment

Love it! We eat the a couple of times a month.

Comment

lol saw it on t.v. today.

Comment

Good place! Stop in on most lease trips. Dang good ribeye.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
            lol saw it on t.v. today.
            Lol-same. My daughter works in San Angelo and I thought it would be a cool place to take her when momma and go to visit. Thanks for the input folks.

Comment

I thought they put too much garlic or something on the steaks but that was 25 years ago……

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I thought they put too much garlic or something on the steaks but that was 25 years ago……
                I agree, and it's been about that long ago that I ate there. If ever close I'll try it again.

Comment

Onion rings and a ribeye. The best.

Comment

When I was in College in San Angelo in the 70's we used to go out there. Mostly to drink beer out of the giant mugs and eat the hamburgers. It was always packed and if we could ever scrape enough money together for a steak, it was great. I haven't been there since they moved to Rowena.

Comment

Stop in whenever we are over that direction.

Comment

Ate there many times in the 60's. Had 3 aunts (mom's sisters) that worked there off and on during that time. Mom, Dad, 2 older brothers and I would get the "kc steak for 6" (sirloin I believe). We always had leftovers and my brothers and I could eat! Last time I ate there was in 1999 and it was good and still out in Lowake. Give it a try.

Comment

Drive by it every trip to the ranch. People dang near parked in the highway its so packed....need to stop some time it sounds like

Comment

We eat there often (45 miles from our house).

Still a great steak, great atmosphere, and cold beer.

Quality has slipped just a tad since the move to the new location, but still a great steak dinner.

Enjoy!

Comment

I started out going there after football games when I was a teenager. Butch Umelman owned the place. He got old and sold out many years ago. I think that it may have changed hands again since then. Beth and I went there on our anniversary last summer. We both had ribeyes. I was disappointed. Nothing like what I remembered even from two or three years ago. But, to be fair, there aren't too many places left around San Angelo that cook a steak the way I like them.

Comment

Working...
                              X