Electric UTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric UTV

Have been looking into the electric side of the UTV world. We have a relatively small place and it would be nice to sneak around on it. Was excited to see Polaris decided to go big on their EV and was under the impression this new model was going to come in a crew size. Guessing they will wait a bit before launching that one.

I got side tracked… wondering how these will perform. Sounds rather nice. But dang expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t imagine being happy with that long term

Comment

What kind of warranty do they have on the battery? How much does it cost to replace when it goes bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        What kind of warranty do they have on the battery? How much does it cost to replace when it goes bad?

Think I read it’s got a 5 year warranty on the batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Can’t imagine being happy with that long term

Brotha that’s the million dollar question

Comment

That’s a lot of $$$… hope the batteries last 10 years

Comment

Get yourself a golf cart. Get it setup for rough terrain. Lots of research on battery technology upgrades. Cheaper and same end result.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                Get yourself a golf cart. Get it setup for rough terrain. Lots of research on battery technology upgrades. Cheaper and same end result.
                X2
                I’ve got a custom built club car in camo & built for off road. Batteries were upgraded to lithium ion

Comment

That’s a bunchhhhhh of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post

Seems to be the route we are leaning.

Comment

Something to keep in mind.

We built an outdoor kitchen for a client that had an electric ranger sitting in the driveway. After several trips out there, one day I noticed the garage behind their house had burned down, and their ranger was sitting next to it, looking like this one.

I never asked them if it was the cause of the fire, but it seems likely. Not saying that alone should prevent you from buying one, but I would 100% park it under a stand alone carport.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                        Something to keep in mind.

We built an outdoor kitchen for a client that had an electric ranger sitting in the driveway. After several trips out there, one day I noticed the garage behind their house had burned down, and their ranger was sitting next to it, looking like this one.

I never asked them if it was the cause of the fire, but it seems likely. Not saying that alone should prevent you from buying one, but I would 100% park it under a stand alone carport.

Dammmitttttttt. That’s crazy! Wonder what caused that?

Comment

I had.a Ranger EV and really regret selling it. I’d love to have another. But fang those lithium ones are $$$! The EV is by far the best electric SxS out there. By far. And sorry fellas but a golf cart, regardless of upgrades, does not come anywhere close to the EV. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                            I had.a Ranger EV and really regret selling it. I’d love to have another. But fang those lithium ones are $$$! The EV is by far the best electric SxS out there. By far. And sorry fellas but a golf cart, regardless of upgrades, does not come anywhere close to the EV. Not even close.

The new system is supposed to be top end. Still not having the crew edition and starting at 25k. I’m all over the place on this…. Lol

Comment

Electric UTV

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post

I own an electric cart with tons of upgrades and Chance is spot on. It is nowhere near as capable and comfortable as the original electric Ranger EV, much less this one. This one will be an absolute beast and nothing will touch it at the moment.

That said $25k is just STUPID.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X