Recognize this stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recognize this stand?

Does anyone recognize this old stand as to the maker and perhaps model? A grandson inherited it and wants to try to use it this year, but it is missing one of its straps, and I would like to try to order a replacement if possible. However I can't find the make or model. Looks to be a climber I think (although it's also missing a seat and foot straps), but I have to know the make at least in order to try and find that particular strap. Strap is 53" in length.

Definitely a climber and it seems the foot straps are in fact that strap on the platform in the first picture. As far as make and model this is before my time, sorry I'm not much more help. The design looks similar to old man climbers but that's all I've got. I know where a very similar one is, chained and growing into a tree in the SHNF

Comment

The big problem I see is there are no cables to go around the tree, unless that's the dry rotted red plastic you have pictured. Maybe better pictures of that, it looks like a metal band for hugging the tree, could help someone ID it for you.

Comment

Your grandson is brave. A few things I don't like used and old climbing stands fall into that category. No help on the make or model but Please make him use a harness with this if he decides to go up a tree!

Comment

THrow that thing in the trash. Not worth messing with.

Comment

Id have him inherit a brand new one hospital copay is higher than the cost of new climber

Comment

It look like my Ol man climbing stand. The plastic square cable ends, a and the curvature of the are remind me of the Ol man products.

Comment

We used the basic API stands

And harnesses were new inventions that I didn’t have.

Good article.

Comment

Looks like one of those old Ameristep death traps.

Spend the money on a Lone Wolf or Summit
                  Last edited by Bayouboy; 06-20-2022, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Not sure.

Academy has a steel (28 lbs) stand that usually is on sale for under 100.00.

He needs a harness no matter what direction you. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, the red end cable is the strap that goes around the tree. That’s what I was hoping to replace. He wants to use the stand as a hang on and not as a climber. We can then use ratchet straps for double support once the stand is hanging with new cable straps. He does use a harness also.

Comment

gorilla???

Comment

Are you anywhere near La Grange or come to Houston/Fulshear area? I’ll give you a climber to throw that away.

Comment

Please throw that away!!!!

Comment

At first I though ole man but think those were all round tube. For the cost of falling out, I would just buy a new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X