No announcement yet.

Torch or gas powered saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have literally used everything posted above. Save your self some headache and get the torch out. Everything above will bind up. When you start cutting through the pipe most of it will tweak and bind up. Only things that won’t are the gas chop saw and torch.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      Diablo has some carbide Sawzall blades that will go through drill stem very well.
      I've cut up a bunch of joints with them.
      It's faster than my Milwaukee bandsaw, but takes more effort.
      These are good.... unless you got a bunch that’s work hardened to one side.

Seen these, band saws and chops saw just stop and burn up.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        I was amazed at how well one cut a safe open. Scary actually

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

What’s the difference between this and a skill saw if I use the same type of metal blade? Just wondering if it runs at higher ramps or something that makes it better for metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Milwaukee M18 battery powered portaband saw. Probably need 2-3 batteries to keep in rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
            What’s the difference between this and a skill saw if I use the same type of metal blade? Just wondering if it runs at higher ramps or something that makes it better for metal.

Good question.

The one I used a buddy bought was corded. The unit itself seemed smaller probably due to blade size but the motor housing was larger.

After the safe we used it on on 1/8 aluminum plate and it might as well been cardboard. Ripped right thru it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gas chop saw maybe?

Comment

Use this opportunity to buy new tools

Comment

I believe RPM is different. I know it is for the 14in version vs a standard chop saw. It’s much slower.

But main thing is motors are better sealed and most have catch systems to contain metal shavings.

Standard skil saw will eventually short out due to shavings getting in the brushes.

Now you can buy a lot of cheap garage sale saws and just wear them out as long as your cutting thinner stuff.

Comment

I have to deconstruct a bunch of pens and move them to a new location and re set them. They are 2 2/8” pipe top rail. I have to make about 40 cuts to get them to where I can move them. What is the fasted way to cut that much pipe it is 8 ft off the ground. Use a torch or use one of the gas powered cut off saws?

Are you going this for WWW?

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                      Are you going this for WWW?

????

Comment

????

Are you doing the work for Triple W ranch? He is having a set of pens moved.

Comment

Originally posted by CAHCAH View Post
                          Bandsaw!
                          this

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                            Are you doing the work for Triple W ranch? He is having a set of pens moved.
                            no this is on our ranch.

Comment

Brand new 00 tip on the torch and go.

Comment

Portaband is the best cutting thing I’ve ever used. Have torches, dry cut saws, Metabo grinders, and used the Diablo torch carbide blades also.

To keep it from binding up you could cut it all but the last 1/8” or so, then roll it out with a pipe wrench.

Comment

Working...
                                X