Rokon trail bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rokon trail bike

This is going to be my little project over the next several months if nothing gets in my way of progress. Best i can tell it's a 1964-69. Took it all apart yesterday and the inside of the engine looks great but the 3 speed transmission is locked up. Gas tank and seat are not original and will be thrown away
    Attached Files

Wow, cool project. I am not a motorcycle person, so that is the first front wheel drive one I have ever seen. Very unique. Good luck on the rebuild. It's a great feeling when you take something that's not functional, and make it work. And I just looked at the pics again and seen the rear wheel drive. Cool
    Last edited by buckmastertexas; 05-24-2015, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Before 3 days ago i had never seen one of these bikes in person. Only a few times in old magazines. I just happened across this one and had to buy it.
      Invented in late 50's and went into production in 1962 i believe.
      They are still being made today in New Hamshire.
      Youtube search Rokon world for some cool videos

Comment

Is that an electric motor that powers the front tire?

Never mind I see it's actually a drive train on a video... Cool
        Last edited by Pedernal; 05-24-2015, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Comment

Always wanted one of those. Very cool project.

Diggin' the Sportster seat and peanut tank!

Comment

That is cool!!!

I've never gotten to ride one, but have always thought they were neat. I've only ever seen a few of them in person.

Comment

When I was 10-13 years old we liven in Rhode Island, thats where my mom is from. I saw a few of these up there but I was too young to appreciate them. I was just into my dirt bikes. I haven't seen one since I lived up there though. Cool find and good luck with getting it all fixed up.

Comment

Been doing a lot of research and have located a parts supplyer for most engine and transmission parts if i need any. And the manufacturer still sells most other parts.
                  If i can find a little time i hope to have this working pretty good in 6 months

Comment

Cool! I remember seeing ads for those in my dad's Popular Mechanics magazines back in the 60's but I have never seen one in person.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Cool! I remember seeing ads for those in my dad's Popular Mechanics magazines back in the 60's but I have never seen one in person.
                      The guy i bought it from is into restoring old Honda's. His dad called him and said he had seen this thing in a scrap metal yard.
                      So glad he did.
                      Hoping one day it will look like this
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by flywise; 05-24-2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

You need any welding done on it Kirby, just drop by. It's on the house to see that thing going.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          You need any welding done on it Kirby, just drop by. It's on the house to see that thing going.
                          I have not noticed any on the frame but i am thinking of an accessory or two id like to make for it.
                          Thank you for the offer

Comment

my boss restores old motorcycles and he has one of these, ill take a pic of it and post it later this week

Comment

Originally posted by offroadodge View Post
                              my boss restores old motorcycles and he has one of these, ill take a pic of it and post it later this week
                              In Cedar Park?
                              I will probably need to ask him some advice from time to time

Comment

Working...
                              X