Inversion Table: Who uses one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inversion Table: Who uses one

Would like to get an inversion table to help with some stretching. But I’ve never actually used one. Just throwing this out there for pros and cons.!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a new one that is gathering dust. I have friends who use them regularly and they love them. I used mine a few times, but it was difficult for me to handle the upside down part. but then again, I get seasick on boats and have issues on helicopters so it may be that I just need to put more time into it.

Comment

I love mine and use it regularly. With back issues it helps me.

Comment

I use one regularly. Its actually in my office at work so that I can use it as needed. I have herniated disk in my lower back and also seem to hold most of my stress in my mid back between the shoulder blades which is notoriously hard to stretch. The inversion table helps tremendously.

A tip for beginning, do not start out fully inverted. Start out about 1/2 way and then ease in to it. Also, start out going no more than 5-7 minutes. If you are like me, you will be sore at the beginning because you are stretching areas that you haven't previously but its not bad. Just work through it slowly.

Comment

Think I paid $125 for ours at Academy. Use it regularly and really notice a difference.

Comment

I usually don’t have issues with seasickness, but that’s a good point. Just the thought of being able to stretch out sounds like it would be relaxing.
            Thx.

Comment

I don’t like being upside down. I’m out.

Comment

I have been using one for a month now. I like it. I hurt my back and adding that to my other physical therepy has worked so far. Check Craiglist or Offerup. I found a Teeter hangup for $100.

Comment

Yep. Teeter. Used is usually fine, mine is the canvas covered one (older) and is built like a tank. 60 degree tilt is very effective if you do not like the full tilt. I use mine regularly and it helps your whole body.

Comment

Been thinking about one of these myself. Glad you started this thread. I’ve had a lower back problem for about 12 years. Been going to the chiropractor every month or two lately and it helps for a little bit. Thinking I could do this a couple times a week and maybe feel normal again

Comment

Yep. Pretty sure I’m going to get one and give it a try. What really surprises me is I’ve not seen one used in the chiropractor I use. Not sure why they don’t. Gonna ask if I ever go back.

Comment

Had/have a herniated disk in lower back. Went through pt, ciro, everything. The inversion table has helped more than anything. I very rarely ever go get an adjustment anymore.

Comment

It helps my back. I keep the table next to the bed and like to stretch immediately before going to sleep to let the stretch "set in."

They are all over amazon. If you have trouble bending over to reach your ankles get one with an extended handle on the ankle lock. Otherwise its a pretty simple contraption.

Comment

I used one for years and it did help my back but check with your doc if you have blood pressure or potential cardiac issues.

Comment

I am getting older and shrinking. I need one.

Comment

Working...
                              X