Land clean up help+!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land clean up help+!

Just bought some acres that needs a good clean up, looking for some recommendations on a good herbicide, for fence rows also have a lot of BlackBerry brush by the shop cant get the Bush hog back behind the shop has anybody used a weed eater brush cutter before I spend 400 for one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a craftsman version of the mower style string mower. It works well until you get into woody brush. The string just will not hold up if you get into the thick stuff. I did a modification for such occasions. The mod works good but the blades are short compared to the string so mowing is slow.
    Attached Files

Comment

1% remedy/water will work on the berries but not now. they say you can spray in the fall but I've only had luck in the spring.

If you own and like taking care of land a good weedeater is indispensable. I have the convertible Echo. With the blower and pole saw I wouldn't give it up.
      Last edited by Kossetx; 07-21-2019, 05:17 AM.

Comment

JUst a thought wait tell Winter most veg is dead /dormant and or leafless..then you can see better and won't have Heat stroke doing what ya gota do

Comment

Get u a ryobi expandix weedeater. They make several attachments for it. Brush cutter is one of attachments. Weedeater is great and attachments run bout $100. I have this set up and it works great. Quick easy change for attachments. Home depot has it all

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
            1% remedy/water will work on the berries but not now. they say you can spray in the fall but I've only had luck in the spring.

If you own and like taking care of land a good weedeater is indispensable. I have the convertible Echo. With the blower and pole saw I wouldn't give it up.

X2 on the echo. We’ve worked ours hard and it just keeps going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a new Stihl weedeater a couple of months ago

I put a "brush" blade on it (looks like a 3 blade throwing star) and it will wear the briars and berry vines out

Have a pole saw too

I would consider one of the convertible models
              Stihl or Echo commercial grade, don't buy some cheap brand that won't last

Comment

Got a echo and I wouldnt give that up for anything best weed eater I've owned, it does well on most of everything. I didnt get the one where you could swap out attachments, so I'm gonna look into the brush attachment, I'm mainly worried about keeping it clean in the future cause I work out of town for a months

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X