Octagon, Hexagon, or Box ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to build a few bow blinds for the lease. We have some older hunters that can no longer climb the tripods and trees. So, these blinds will be on the ground or elevated a few feet up. They will use crossbows, but there will be others that will use compounds.

So what style body and windows do you like?

Octagon 3 sides on the front, then square off the sides and back
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hookset View Post
      Looking to build a few bow blinds for the lease. We have some older hunters that can no longer climb the tripods and trees. So, these blinds will be on the ground or elevated a few feet up. They will use crossbows, but there will be others that will use compounds.

So what style body and windows do you like?
      3 vertical in front in octagon shape. 36"X10". Had about a window at 110, 180 and 200 approximately. I made sure I had it deep enough so when I drew my elbow didn't hit the back wall. My only problem was I used 1/4" plywood and man it was heavy. I'd use luan or that plastic stuff that is used for home for sale signs If I build another one. I think I have a drawing of it. If you send me your email I'll send it to you. Just saw Goldtips above and that's exaclty like the one I built but I used 1" 14ga steel tube.

Matt C.

Comment

Matt, that awesome.. Sending pm now

Comment

Tank, it will give them plenty of room and they can take someone with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Brian now that I figured out where to look I admire that blind every time I drive past it.

Comment

The one I posted above is one I am currently building and it is now completed except for painting. It is skinned in Coroplast and the heaviest part is the base. It will be on the ground but set on cinder blocks just to keep the base price from weathering. It will easily hunt 2 people with video gear. It is 6 ft across, and 7' deep. Framed in split 2x4's to lighten it and make it easily moveable
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                Brian now that I figured out where to look I admire that blind every time I drive past it.

Lol that’s awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                  Tank, it will give them plenty of room and they can take someone with them.

Brian I’m still trying to get back and start on mine! The anticipation is killing me! I went with 3 windows also! So stoked!
                  I agree with Brian btw, tanks make awesome blinds!!

Comment

Octagon. I have 2. One from steel and one wood. I have plans for that and a hexagon I can email

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Water tank ends in poly or fiberglass tank end blinds. Less susceptible to wind and way roomy. Will he there after all of us are 6’ under!

Comment

I am in awe of the greatness. Now to look for water tank ends. I see the lease getting a lot of new blinds.
                        The first Octagon blind has been built.

Comment

We decided to build an octagon blind, with a light-colored based coat just to see how it would work.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pentagon
                            From any window , you pull back into the deepest corner

Comment

Working...
                            X