No announcement yet.

Wind Turbines- effects on wildlife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have several on our place in Hebbronville. No impact on the deer. They didn’t allow hunting the year they installed them. I would not worry about them being close to the camp, very minimal noise impact IMO.

Comment

They don’t care once they’re put up. I killed two does within a minute of each other a couple years ago, and they were standing on the pad around a turbine.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
        I think I know the answer to this question but I want definitive feedback from those with experience. I just got notified today that there will be 300 turbines put up in the general area of where I hunt. There will be 1 directly on our lease about 100yds from camp. I feel as though it will push game off for a long time but I'm not real familiar with how it effects game, especially deer. Anyone have experience in this field?
        Is this happening in Crowell?

Comment

We need a law passed to allow the use of the wing feathers for our arrows. Buzzard and hawk feathers work pretty good, just ask the native Indians.

Comment

Yes. Just south of town a few miles. Putting in 300. Our location is right in the middle.

Comment

I

Wow. Was wondering when it would hit out there. Sorry man. Going to ruin the landscape of that country too

Comment

I have a place I hunt that is a little under 200 acres, 50% of that it a line of hills. They put 4 of them along the hills, they had no effect on the deer at all, we have a stand about 60 yards from one of them and the deer are there all of the time. The only problem I have is the cold air they push down behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                  I have a place I hunt that is a little under 200 acres, 50% of that it a line of hills. They put 4 of them along the hills, they had no effect on the deer at all, we have a stand about 60 yards from one of them and the deer are there all of the time. The only problem I have is the cold air they push down behind them.

That's not such a bad thing in this summer heat.....

Ranch I hunt 10 miles north of Raymondville now has only 1/2 their annual rainfall. Basically prevents the small afternoon thunder showers with in 25 miles of the wind farms.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    That's not such a bad thing in this summer heat.....

Ranch I hunt 10 miles north of Raymondville now has only 1/2 their annual rainfall. Basically prevents the small afternoon thunder showers with in 25 miles of the wind farms.
                    Windfarms prevent storms from coming in?

Comment

We were on a 5,000 acre lease that had around 150 to 175 of them. About a year or so after construction the animals really didn’t seem bothered. The only major problem is the constant traffic from maintenance crews working on them. Also our deer population went down and stoped seeing several bucks that we knew none of the hunters had taken. We speculated that some of the guys on the crews were shooting deer when we weren’t there but never caught them doing it. We got off that place and got on a new place with no windmills. Hope you don’t have the same problems!

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                        They're not sure, my guess is most likely their interference with rising heat thermals that cause t-storms.

Comment

I work on a Windfarm in Deep South Texas, we’ve had storms everyday for months straight a few years back. This year not so much rain, I honestly don’t think it has anything to do with the towers interfering with the weather. I know other coastal farms that get rain constantly.

Comment

Hunted a lease for 1 year that had them. Deer didn't care. I didn't particularly like the lights on them at night (the blinking red ones). What I really didn't like was the noise. Yes, the deer can't hear you. You can't hear the deer either.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                              We've got a new farm of 238 turbines where I live. Wettest spring we've had in ages...

Comment

I hate wind turbines

Comment

Working...
                                X