Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are under a tornado watch in Waxahachie. They are calling for a cold wet winter this year, I suppose our tiny fall will be wet too.

What kind of rain gear do y'all like to use?

Also, is there any special care y'all do for your bows when they get wet? I haven't had my bow out in rain much yet but feel it will happen some this season. I assume it works just fine when wet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riemachine View Post
      We are under a tornado watch in Waxahachie. They are calling for a cold wet winter this year, I suppose our tiny fall will be wet too.

Also, is there any special care y'all do for your bows when they get wet? I haven't had my bow out in rain much yet but feel it will happen some this season. I assume it works just fine when wet?

For rain gear, I have two types: some from a Remington 4-way jacket that is overly warm except dead of winter. Wore it a moment ago without the insulated liner and it was still to hot. Which is the reason I got the other. The other is Cabela's Dry Plus Rain Suede, which is excellent in my opinion. Keeps me dry and lets moisture excape. Have both the parka and bibs. I have a set of boots with Dry Plus in them. They are mesh boots to help keep my feet cool. And I've stood in water with them. Water didn't seep through. So I was pretty aware when I bought the rain gear. Been exceptinally pleased with the Dry Plus Rain Suede. It's a lot quieter than GoreTex too.

Comment

Great news (for me anyway ). Whitney has come up another 6" in the last 24 hours! Now stands at 2.48 feet below normal.

Grandbury and PK still releasing. Both of those lakes are coming up also. But near already full. So I expect them to keep the gates open for a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by Riemachine View Post

I use First Lite gear. Their Storm Lite system is great and designed to wad up into a small ball into your pack. Great for warm and cool weather.

Comment

Looks like the W lake is .86 feet low. That's right. It's come up that much over night. I expect it to be slightly above normal tomorrow morning. PK is still releasing water. So Grandbury has got to release too. PK is 4" above norm. And still releasing about the same rate as yesterday. So is Grandbury. We'll be pretty well above normal before this is all over.

A lake is 4.49 feet above normal. That's pretty up there for the A lake. It came up 2.80 feet since this time yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Looks like the W lake is .86 feet low. That's right. It's come up that much over night. I expect it to be slightly above normal tomorrow morning. PK is still releasing water. So Grandbury has got to release too. PK is 4" above norm. And still releasing about the same rate as yesterday. So is Grandbury. We'll be pretty well above normal before this is all over.

A lake is 4.49 feet above normal. That's pretty up there for the A lake. It came up 2.80 feet since this time yesterday.
              Pair that with the freezing temps up north and maybe we will see some ducks stop by. Not too early, I hope, but I would like them to get pushed out of Kansas before January.

Comment

JND, they will stop by. And stay as long as there is something to feed on. It don't take much of a front to push them down here. I've seen this scenario before. But lets not broadcast it to other forums. Or we'll all be fight-n for a place to set up. I've seen that enough times too.

Comment

I may just do another TBH group hunt this year, if anybody here is interested.
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-14-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Ide be down if someone has room in a boat and it's on a weekend. Just have to buy my stamp

Comment

When is it TG, I'll be the retriever.

Comment

It will be on a weekend for sure. That way we can accommodate as many as possible. Think we had around 10 or 12 on the last one.

And you'd be taking your life in your own hands Razorback.

Comment

Son and I would be in for sure.

Comment

I'd be interested in that too!

Comment

Here here... I’m ready.

Keep a head count, and I will plan a good lunch again.

Comment

Grandbury releasing 18,400 cfs. Up 10k from last night.

Pk still releasing 8,100 cfs.

W lake is o.94 feet above normal. It's gonna come up a "few" feet folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X