No announcement yet.

Valet wrecked my truck. Info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bla, bla, bla, bla, Hope you don't have a bad wreck some day. We will have to make another web site. Life is a short ride, more important things to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      They are covering the room 100% actually. I’m not pursuing diminished value.
      Nice!
      Glad they took care of you.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
        bla, bla, bla, bla, Hope you don't have a bad wreck some day. We will have to make another web site. Life is a short ride, more important things to worry about.
        I’ve had a wreck where a drunk totaled my suv. Excuse me for asking for some insight on something I hadn’t dealt with. You didn’t have to read it. Have a wonderful day.

Comment

My spotless vehicle came in contact with a fixed object causing damage. If some of you are fine with buying nice things and don’t mind someone else tearing them up then to each his own.
          It seems some folks are fine driving around a wrecked p.o.s.
          I am not one of those folks...
          Glad you were taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            (A) Still waiting for pictures of a "wrecked" truck. Your truck has a little boo-boo on it.
            (B) Gucci hotels still hire $12/hr valet boys.
            (C) If I was in your shoes, the hotel would be (1) comping my entire stay, (2) paying for all my repairs at whatever reasonable shop I wanted to use, (3) paying for a diminished value appraisal, (4) paying me what the DVA says, and probably (5) offering to comp my next stay at the hotel.
            Wrecked is subjective.

That next stay would most likely be in the Multiple DNA Suite. Reserved for special guests.Don't order room service.
            Last edited by Graysonhogs; 05-21-2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
              You mean like a post on a hunting board?

Comment

Is it just me or does it look like your Wheel took some damage on the edge. If it hit the front and back of the tire on truck, it ran across that wheel also. I see damage, but it could just be the angle of picture. Good luck with fix.

Comment

I’m more concerned with the fact you paid $760 for a hotel room for a one night stay in San Antonio....

Comment

Man this thread didn't go as I expected.

As a former valet driver for a very nice hotel in Dallas and seeing how all the foreigners drive the cars into and out of the parking garage, I have always and will continue to avoid valeting my truck if possible. Those guys are nuts. They're all car enthusiasts and can't afford the $150,000 car they love, so when you show up with something that catches their attention, they're going to drive it like they do in their dreams.

The worst thing I ever saw (not a part of it myself, but it happened)... a rapper named J Cole was staying at our hotel. We had a black Yukon that we used as shuttle within 3 miles of the hotel (and as far as the Allen outlet if you paid us enough.) Well, the shuttle in the shop and J Cole wanted to go to Onyx. I'll let you Google Onyx.

Anyway, it was a no-go since we had no vehicle. So one of the supervisors says, "Hey, I parked a black Yukon a few hours ago. It had a baby seat in it." He knew that since it was 10 p.m., they wouldn't need the car. So they took the baby seat out and used the customer's car as the shuttle and shuttled him around until 5 a.m.

Comment

Omni called this morning. They are covering the repairs at my shop of choice which will be Don Hewlet in Georgetown and they are covering half of the room rate.
                      Good deal. I had a similar situation a few years ago and the hotel took care of it and threw in a couple vouchers to be used later. They like their patrons to be happy, pretty short list of potential $760 a night buyers in SA

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                        I’m more concerned with the fact you paid $760 for a hotel room for a one night stay in San Antonio....

Hell there's a robbery thread every day here from San Antonio!! Add this to the list! Glad they got you fixed up OP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you got it worked out, Matt. It sucks to tear up a nice new truck. It's gotta suck 10X worse to have somebody else tear it up for you. You handled it well.

Comment

Working...
                          X