X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
    Tad bit over 15”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great looking deer. Pretty nice symmetry too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
      Great looking deer. Pretty nice symmetry too.

Late season deer. Post rut/secondary is my goto time. Last 2-3weeks of season is usually the best. Even with it being public lands- these deer get pressured hard on private lands surrounding us. Dont take them long to move in onto the public lands. Floods this yr i think hurt us BAD. I did hear rumor mill of some upcoming changes for us out there next season. We shall see.

Comment

Late season deer. Post rut/secondary is my goto time. Last 2-3weeks of season is usually the best. Even with it being public lands- these deer get pressured hard on private lands surrounding us. Dont take them long to move in onto the public lands. Floods this yr i think hurt us BAD. I did hear rumor mill of some upcoming changes for us out there next season. We shall see.

Yeah I stopped going! No traffic in my usual spots due to all the flooding. Will be checking it out later this month to see if anything is on the cameras. If not hogs are on the menu early next year.

Comment

So who's stand should I jump in out there on a Wednesday? Any volunteers? HA!

Comment

Originally posted by scottimus View Post

Let me know which stand you decide and what you see. Cause i havent seen nothing worth a crap all year. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by scottimus View Post
              You can sit mine. Yes, that's poison oak! Lol

30.350241,-96.758969

Comment

I’ve been hunting off CR 125 on a little creek not too far from Nails Creek, I park at station/gate 1 and walk in. I’m hunting in morning and if I see the same little bucks and does, I may try the area in the Yegua unit north of CR 134. If any of you hunt that area, just let me know and I’ll stay out, I try to be respectful and stay away from other hunters as much as possible. My other option is just to go deeper down nails creek.

Comment

AdventureBoy, just looked at your coordinates after sending my previous message and that’s the area you hunt lol. I’ll just stay out of there and try deeper down nails creek unless I get lucky at my current spot.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
                    I’ve been hunting off CR 125 on a little creek not too far from Nails Creek, I park at station/gate 1 and walk in. I’m hunting in morning and if I see the same little bucks and does, I may try the area in the Yegua unit north of CR 134. If any of you hunt that area, just let me know and I’ll stay out, I try to be respectful and stay away from other hunters as much as possible. My other option is just to go deeper down nails creek.

Problem we have at the yegua unit is the duck hunters. And when i tell you every aggie duck hunter goes there. I mean EVERY aggie duck hunter is there. Lol

As many as 10plus vehicles lined up. And they have no cares for deer hunters. Theyll scream and holler..walk around and dogs are the worse.

Comment

Problem we have at the yegua unit is the duck hunters. And when i tell you every aggie duck hunter goes there. I mean EVERY aggie duck hunter is there. Lol

As many as 10plus vehicles lined up. And they have no cares for deer hunters. Theyll scream and holler..walk around and dogs are the worse.

Yeah I could see a lot of hunters(trucks) off CR 124 in the Yegua unit which I assumed were duck hunters. It’s public land so I understand and I’m trying to stay away from ponds and wet areas as much as possible for my deer hunting. One day I would like to duck hunt out there, I’ve never been duck hunting so I have a lot to research before that day comes. I’m new to hunting at Somerville PHL so I just want to be respectful to other hunters that have hunted it for years and stay out of the way as much as possible.

Comment

Yeah I could see a lot of hunters(trucks) off CR 124 in the Yegua unit which I assumed were duck hunters. It’s public land so I understand and I’m trying to stay away from ponds and wet areas as much as possible for my deer hunting. One day I would like to duck hunt out there, I’ve never been duck hunting so I have a lot to research before that day comes. I’m new to hunting at Somerville PHL so I just want to be respectful to other hunters that have hunted it for years and stay out of the way as much as possible.

PM me your number- your loc say youre in CSTAT. We have private lands just outside southern CSTAT on Navasota river. We duck hunt it often. Come join in this yr.

Comment

PM me your number- your loc say youre in CSTAT. We have private lands just outside southern CSTAT on Navasota river. We duck hunt it often. Come join in this yr.

I don’t have enough posts to PM. My name is Dustin Douglas. 979-595-4304. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I live in South College Station. I’m free most weekends and sometimes during the week.

Comment

I think you may know my brother, Auston Douglas. He is a medic reserve in HHT 1/112th CAV?

Comment

Every duck hunter out there are fighting over a handful of birds. They just aren't in the area like they should be with all the water.

Comment

AdventureBoy, just looked at your coordinates after sending my previous message and that’s the area you hunt lol. I’ll just stay out of there and try deeper down nails creek unless I get lucky at my current spot.
                                It's public land man. If you get there at an appropriate time and don't see any trucks it's fair game. If you do, ask what direction they are going and go a different direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X