Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dead at age 79...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
    Presidents don't just appoint anyone they want and get it. The Senate has to approve/confirm the pick.

I may be wrong, but I think any Senator can put a hold on judicial nominations, not sure if that extends to the SC or not. You know Obama is already licking his chops, but I'm going to tell you right now, if the Republican Senate Majority approves and seats a SC justice of Obama's choosing, with less than a year left in his term, they can never, never, EVER again campaign on needing a Republican majority to approve good Supreme Court justices. I have a feeling one Senator at least, from Texas, will have something to say about it.
    Dude really? When was the last time our congress didn't let Obama have his way. They won't stop the pick, like they didn't stop funding Obama care, the Iran deal, amesty shall I go on ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
      Though that's not who I want on the bench, being pro-abortion (or anti) is moot. Abortion will never be outlawed at the federal level again (thank goodness).

Let's just hope we (as Shane so accurately pointed out) get a justice who is a Constitutionalist, and not a partisan politician.
      I'm praying for a Justice who recognizes the right to life, liberty and happiness that the Constitution guarantees for all citizens, even the ones who haven't exited their mother's womb yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        I'm praying for a Justice who recognizes the right to life, liberty and happiness that the Constitution guarantees for all citizens, even the ones who haven't exited their mother's womb yet.
        Well, we'll just have to respectfully differ a bit on an otherwise similar sentiment. I believe Roe v. Wade is as important of a milestone in our culture as gay marriage rights, women's suffrage, the civil rights movement and (soon) marijuana legalization. [emoji2]

Comment

Well, we'll just have to respectfully differ a bit on an otherwise similar sentiment. I believe Roe v. Wade is as important of a milestone in our culture as gay marriage rights, women's suffrage, the civil rights movement and (soon) marijuana legalization. [emoji2]
          Out of all the things you listed all but one is a celebration of life except one. Hmmm, I wonder which one has no relevance to the others?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            Out of all the things you listed all but one is a celebration of life except one. Hmmm, I wonder which one has no relevance to the others?
            They're all absolutely relevant to society. But in all seriousness, let's not get too derailed here. Let's focus our discussion on hoping we get a good, Constitutionalist justice on the bench!

Comment

why couldn't he have taken Obama on that hunting trip

Comment

They're all absolutely relevant to society. But in all seriousness, let's not get too derailed here. Let's focus our discussion on hoping we get a good, Constitutionalist justice on the bench!
                Thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  why couldn't he have taken Obama on that hunting trip
                  With Cheney...

Horrible...lol

Comment

F***!! The POS is nominating a new justice! :-(

Comment

Though that's not who I want on the bench, being pro-abortion (or anti) is moot. Abortion will never be outlawed at the federal level again (thank goodness).

Let's just hope we (as Shane so accurately pointed out) get a justice who is a Constitutionalist, and not a partisan politician.
                      If the court was all about following the constitution there would be no nation wide abortion. Some states ( liberal ) would keep it legal others would outlaw it.
                      Exactly how it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        If the court was all about following the constitution there would be no nation wide abortion. Some states ( liberal ) would keep it legal others would outlaw it.
                        Exactly how it should be.
                        Let's stay on topic. We have plenty to be ****** about in unison right now - O'Crapper is nominating a justice.. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          I sure hope the Senate will make sure that the next President makes the appointment. If not, we're toast. If the next President isn't Cruz, we'll be toast anyway. But at least we'll have a chance if Cruz gets to appoint the next Justice.
                          Right on right on

Comment

They are even talking about the possibility O will appoint the justice between the time the old Senate finishes their term at the end of the year and before the next Senate is sworn in during the last month of his term. That way he can claim it as an emergency appointment with no opportunity for Senate vote on approval.

Comment

Only way this does not royaly screw up Law in America is if Cruz gets elected.
                              There are a few on the court that could kick the bucket in the next 4 years. If a dem is elected..... Well, law in America will slip into some 3rd world joke of justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                Let's hope that rep majority can stymie an appointment until after a Jan inauguration
                                yeah, maybe this will build a fire under their *****es.

Comment

Working...
                                X