Coopers hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coopers hawk

This bird let me get within 30 feet and ignored me which let me get some nice shots. It was cold so he would pull one foot up into his breast feathers for a while then switch. I've watched them nail several doves in our yard. As a hunter I love how they fly low and just clear a fence to sneak into an area to catch their pray.

Very neat !

Comment

Great shot. I have one in my back yard that's doing the same thing right now. Yesterday, he lit on a branch just 10' above my head when I was out shooting my bow. Dang camera was in the vehicle my wife took to the store though! ha, ha.

Comment

That's a great photo! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Nice job! They sometimes miss but no fooling around when they are hungry.

Comment

If you want to attract them put up a few buffets for them, aka bird feeders. The will be attracted to a food source. I have a mated pair that hangs around my stock tank and pick off dove and ducks on occasion.

Comment

Very nice!
              Lesto!!

Comment

beautiful pic.

Comment

Very cool picture. Hawks are neat animals that are fun to watch.

Comment

Beautiful bird

Comment

My resident hawks are red-shouldered ones--little larger than the Cooper's. Came home one day this week and saw a pile of dove feathers in the yard (no grass, all cedar mulch) and went out to check. No bird, just feathers and some blood.

Comment

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I walked out my front door a couple years ago just in time to hear the impact of a hawk on a bird. I saw the kill hit the ground and the hawk immediately landed next to the bird, spread his wings over his kill, and started screeching at me like I was going to take it.
                            I backed off to give him some room and he took off with his meal.

Comment

Great pic! Raptors have such impressive eyes - they always look like they are about one second away from bringing destruction down on something.

Comment

Working...
                              X