Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famliy / Trophy Room?

Hello All
    Im in the process of putting in a 20'x40' room in the back of my shop. My kids are getting bigger and we are wanting a hangout/movie room. My wall space is also gone in the house for my mounts. Both of my kids hunt aslo so its just a matter of time until they get mounts of their own. Im leaving the room valted with 12' end walls and the longer 40' walls go from 12' to 16'. Im wondering if any of you have some pointers for the lighting in this room as far as showing off the trophy mounts?

So far looks good. Keep posting pics and keep us posted...

Comment

Thanks. Im just looking for some tips from those that have done a trophy room or seen one with the lighting that they liked. Im thinking just spotlight cans but not sure if I will need track lighting or something else.

Comment

I would go with track lighting. I did that in my converted back patio and it works great, but my room is not near as big as yours is going to be.

Comment

Track or cable lights.

Comment

What do you think of combo the cans and track lighting?

Comment

There was a workshop on trophy rooms at the last DSC convention. They really emphasized can lights.

I think can lights supplemented with track lighting might work well.

Comment

I want one!

Comment

My personal preference is 3" or 4" directional gimbal lights on a dimmer switch. They are virtually flush with the ceiling and have a really clean look. It doesn't look like you are going to have any attic space to add lighting in the future so you'll have to decide how many lights and their placement now.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Thats gonna be awesome!

Comment

looks like its gonna be great

Comment

are you putting rock or wood on the ceiling?

gonna go right to the metal?

Comment

Looking good partner

Comment

Might also think of support for the mounts. Before drywall goes up. Dont have to worry about looking for studs

Comment

Working...
                              X