No announcement yet.

Russian Slug destroys deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Savage 220 topped with a Nikon Prostaff made for slug guns. And, I shoot Remington Accutips. Very accurate and lethal. I have dropped a lot of deer with it.

20 gauge is all you need. 260 gr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      I have a Savage 220 topped with a Nikon Prostaff made for slug guns. And, I shoot Remington Accutips. Very accurate and lethal. I have dropped a lot of deer with it.

20 gauge is all you need. 260 gr.

The 212 and 220 was designed for Accutips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m really surprised it didn’t pass all the way through. I know it opened up really well, but that’s a lot of lead!

Comment

Dang.. Let see what it does to a big boars shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
            The 212 and 220 was designed for Accutips.

All I have shot in mine and they are accurate. Must be why they recommended them.

Comment

I assume you are shooting them through a rifled barrel. What kind of accuracy at 75 yds with a smooth bore could be expected?

I'm not interested in buying a rifled shotgun currently but have a SXS that I really enjoy deer and pig hunting with buckshot. But I keep my shots inside of 20 and would like to stretch it out a bit. KO slugs made by brenneke, or something like that, advertise 1.5" groups at 50 yards I think. They are designed for a smooth bore and have an attached wadding like you show here.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                I’m really surprised it didn’t pass all the way through. I know it opened up really well, but that’s a lot of lead!

I downloaded it for my son. Low recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                  I assume you are shooting them through a rifled barrel. What kind of accuracy at 75 yds with a smooth bore could be expected?

I'm not interested in buying a rifled shotgun currently but have a SXS that I really enjoy deer and pig hunting with buckshot. But I keep my shots inside of 20 and would like to stretch it out a bit. KO slugs made by brenneke, or something like that, advertise 1.5" groups at 50 yards I think. They are designed for a smooth bore and have an attached wadding like you show here.

These plumbata-style slugs are very similar to the Brenneke style slugs. I haven’t shot these at 75 yards, but at 50 yards through a smooth bore, the clover leaf.

If you have the right choke, you can stretch the legs on that buckshot to 50 yards easy. Kick’s IND makes the best buckshot choke on the market.

I pattern all my buckshot loads at 50 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                    These plumbata-style slugs are very similar to the Brenneke style slugs. I haven’t shot these at 75 yards, but at 50 yards through a smooth bore, the clover leaf.

If you have the right choke, you can stretch the legs on that buckshot to 50 yards easy. Kick’s IND makes the best buckshot choke on the market.

I pattern all my buckshot loads at 50 yards.

Cool i will check that out. Current SXS is a fixed choked but i might look into upgrading.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X