Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    What is your reasoning for posting this...I think it was a malfunction of sorts?? You seriously don't think a reverse ruling in favor of DC & The Windy City would basically nullify the 2nd's interpretation of what these brilliant founding fathers had in mind & set a tidal wave for the nation to follow??

AGAIN!!

If Heller or McDonald had swung the other way, the interpretation of the 2nd has just been 'taken away'...how can you dismiss or dilute the facts of a SCOTUS ruling because it's still on paper?? If SCOTUS majority says it reads white when we KNOW the founding fathers wanted it to be instituted in a black interpretation??

I don't get wound up like this very often & hope I'm wrong (sorry if so) on the angle you mean here, but you are way off base and need to at least start crawfishing on this particular 2nd amnd example. This whole scotus appointment fillings in our lap & their lack of being able to actually line item remove wording doesn't mean the people's liberty is in peril with these life time appointments.

It's really quite cut and dry in their actual ability to take away what was granted to us simply by voting on a deviant angle of the founding fathers wording...correct??

Again, sorry if I made too much of it or didn't understand your point of the scotus ability to affect the constitution, but yikes man!!

You should stic, to drone issues!!
    everyone is entitled to their opinion., in my lifetime the people screaming we are gonna lose our guns have ALWAYS been wrong, ALWAYS...

i think gun nuts ALWAYS over react.

if i am wrong, then i guess we have a revolution....

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
      I assure you I understand Article V of the constitution (the amendment process).

You need to google Marbury v. Madison. Since SCOTUS assumed the role of judicial review in 1803, the constitution has been slowly amended by judicial activists one opinion at a time.

You seem to think that anyone who suggests that Obama or Hillary will decimate the constitution is on the far right fringe. However, the liberals have been doing just that for years...not through the amendment process, but by appointing activist judges.

yes, you figured me out...

if amuses me that when someone disagrees with a judge, then the judge is an activist.

if the one agrees with the judge, then the judge is a strict constitutionalist.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
        Every time a law is passed limiting gun rights or restricting access to ammunition, we lose a piece of the second amendment. No full auto, limited magazines, supply shortages on ammo, no carry zones, etc. FACT, this POTUS has made a greater effort than any before him to limit our right to bear arms. He ain't finished yet. If the second amendment was revoked and you were ordered to surrender your guns, would you, so you could be a good citizen? Do you need daddy government to feed and clothe you and powder you butt? No. The government needs a reality check. They work for us. Every time Obama berates the American people and says that this is not who we are, my blood boils. He is to lead and unite, not berate and belittle.
        you have more gun rights today then they did in Tombstone AZ back in the day....

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
          And back to the point of this whole thread...the Supreme Court appointments are the biggest reason that I don't want Trump to be our nominee. I just don't believe he will appoint judges that will protect the constitution.
          trump is a joke and an embarrassment.

he doesn't have a chance in He11

Comment

Working...
          X