Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Flame Redline Broadheads

Anybody tried these yet?
    I wouldn't expect them to be as good as the regular GK Flames but for aprox. 1/2 the price I'm thinking of ordering some.

I shoot the " real" ones from Marcus. But thought about giving these a try on javelina, but haven't ordered any yet. I know there reg. silver flame is no where near the quality of the German ones. And these being even less has me a little concerned, that's why I would try them on some smaller thin skinned animals first to see what they do ( how they stand up).

Comment

Didn’t enewman kill a deer with one? Seems like he posted a hole from these. Maybe he will chime in

Comment

I've been a die hard stinger guy for many years but quality seems to be going down hill on them. killed 3 hogs and a doe last month 3 of the 4 stingers were bent on hog ribs. Never had any problems with them before. Looking at going after some bigger critters next year and want to try something a little tougher.
        Just having a hard time spending $100 on 3 broadheads for the real ones
        Last edited by dphillips62; 11-02-2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I might ask for some for Christmas. I really like a wide cut fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
            I've been a die hard stinger guy for many years but quality seems to be going down hill on them. killed 3 hogs and a doe last month 3 of the 4 stingers were bent on hog ribs. Never had any problems with them before. Looking at going after some bigger critters next year and want to try something a little tougher.
            Just having a hard time spending $100 on 3 broadheads for the real ones
            Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
            I might ask for some for Christmas. I really like a wide cut fixed.
            Steel force still makes a good head. They have a 1.5” model too

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              Steel force still makes a good head. They have a 1.5” model too
              Thx, I only saw 100 grain though. Do you know if they have 125 grain?

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
                Thx, I only saw 100 grain though. Do you know if they have 125 grain?

I don’t know about 125. I know they got the 100 and 150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Silver Flame Redline Broadheads

Rylan shoots his two hunting set ups at 50 yards to verify the flight. One set up is about 650 and the other is around 765.

Comment

Yes. Tested the redline 125xl. It did a great job. I had slight edge roll on one side. Since I went through the leg. I can see where the blade slid across the bone. It will take very little work on the sharpener to fix.

My first test with them I shot a rough guess weight of a 50 lb hog. Head buried in the mud. That head had zero damage, but will require to be resharpen.

At this time my opinion it’s a great head for the price. It is not as good as there 440c silver flame, but it was not designed to.

There are more to come in the future.

Comment

Last weekend
                      Attached Files

Comment

Redline XL

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                        Yes. Tested the redline 125xl. It did a great job. I had slight edge roll on one side. Since I went through the leg. I can see where the blade slid across the bone. It will take very little work on the sharpener to fix.

My first test with them I shot a rough guess weight of a 50 lb hog. Head buried in the mud. That head had zero damage, but will require to be resharpen.

At this time my opinion it’s a great head for the price. It is not as good as there 440c silver flame, but it was not designed to.

There are more to come in the future.
                        Any flight issues or tuning issues with the XL?

Comment

Any flight issues or tuning issues with the XL?
                          I don’t with blazers but did with vanetec. But I’m looking into this to see why. I just have not had time yet.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                            I don’t with blazers but did with vanetec. But I’m looking into this to see why. I just have not had time yet.
                            Thanks Think I'm going to try the test pack with both 125gr first. If they don't work i'm going with the 150 gr standard flames

Comment

Thanks Think I'm going to try the test pack with both 125gr first. If they don't work i'm going with the 150 gr standard flames
                              I bought some 150 for a customer the other day. Sure looked good.

Comment

Working...
                              X