Dead cat under the hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead cat under the hood?

Had a couple cats show up at my house about a year ago. Both had a litter of kittens. Well one got up inside the engine and I didn’t know it. Stopped at the store this morning after pulling a 12 hour night shift and when I walked out, I’m like, they need to empty that trash can. Then I get home, get out of the truck, and can smell that dang ole dead smell. So I go to looking. I find it up under the hood around where the fan is. Just the head and one leg sticking out. Seems to be wedged in there pretty good. Gonna be fun when I get home in the morning!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJW3Jpqjx5s"]National Lampoon Christmas Vacation FRIED CAT scene - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

So you're saying you have a free cat for someone?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        So you're saying you have a free cat for someone?
        Why yes.
        All they have to do is come get it or I will drive it to them!!!

Comment

Poor kitten lost it's mitten, and head.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I pulled one out of a forklift engine years ago. It sat there for a long time before I found it. It was 100% tanned.

Comment

When I was a kid, for many years my mother had a 69 Corvette. So it had a carb on it, so when you first start it, it had a very high idle. Corvettes back then have very deep fan shrouds. Because the radiator leans back at the top, with quite a bit of angle.

So one morning she fires up the car, to take us to school and there was a bunch of banging clanging, thud racket going on. I was standing beside the car, looked at my mother, my mother had a worried look on her face. So she shut the car off, then popped the hood. When we lifted the hood, there was fur, blood and kitten parts all over the engine bay. Turns out momma cat decided the fan shroud was a good place to hide her kittens. Was not such a good place. We did find one or two kittens way up in the front of the fan shroud still alive and terrified. It took a lot of effort to pull out the live ones from the shroud, they did not want any part of going through that fan.

It took a good while before school that morning to clean up the mess under the hood.

That car was hard on pets. We used to have a golden retriever that was not very bright. He liked to chase cars, more so the wheels of the cars, as the wheel was spinning. Don't know what it was about spinning wheels that set him off, but they did. We had two driveways, one short driveway in front of the house and one long driveway that curved around to the far end of the yard.

We one day my mother was backing the Vette down the long driveway, the dog was chasing the Vette all the way down the driveway, sticking his nose in the wheel barking at it. My mother had the old American Racing Torque Thrust wheels on the car, with the spinners. The spinners were the thing the dog had no experience with. When she was backing down the driveway, she was going slow, the dog was barking like crazy, my mother was yelling at him to get away from the car.

Once she got down the driveway and backed out into the street, stuck it in 1st. She punched it pretty good. The dog shot after the car, and stuck his nose in the right rear wheel. The next thing we know the dog is flying through the air, tumbling, lands in the yard, rolls a few times, jumps up and runs like hell for the back yard. That was the last time the dog ever barked at car wheels as a car was rolling down the road or driveway. Those spinners got him good.

Comment

I had a 97 Powerstroke I started one morning, walked back inside to get something and I heard a weird "belt screech" then the truck got oddly quieter. When I got in the truck the battery light was on and the lights were dimmer, so I popped the hood. Yup, there was a cat pulled around like the serpentine belt. I loosened the belt tensioner and the belt and the cat popped right off and I was good to go..

Comment

My grandpa used to keep his tractor in my great aunts barn and she had cats there to eat rats and snakes. We go down there to get the tractor one day and he tells me to get on it and start it up. It was a 1940's ferguson with zero safety features. I put it in neutral and fired it up. The rpms went up for a second then it bogged down and died. The PTO had being engaged and the shredder had started turning. A bunch of those cats were holed up under the shredder. The survivors took off for the hay bales. My grandma picked up the pieces in a bucket to dispose of in the woods so my great aunt wouldn't see.

Comment

I had a 1979 Ford Mustang and when I pulled into the office I saw a cat walking around in the parking lot. It was very cold that day. When I came out about 5 PM and cranked that puppy up the car vibrated like nobodies business and I could hear a grinding noise. I turned off the engine, opened the hood and enough hair for a fur coat went every where. I looked down and found the dead cat laying in the fan shroud. He wasn't a bloody mess, but it was difficult to get him outta there.

Comment

Well, since no takers on the kitten, I finally got it pulled out. The body was laying behind radiator and head stuck out at the bottom of fan cover. The way it was situated, a fan blade was keeping me from pulling it straight out. This thing was so ripe, I thought I was going to rip it in half. Finally figured out, use one hand to pull on cat and the other hand turning the fan blades. Urp, ugh, blugg!!!
                      Sorry, just threw up a little!!!!

Comment

Had a friend that was feeding stray cats at her home. Two got up in her husbands Corvette engine compartment. 3k later she called Animal services to have them removed.

Comment

My dad drove about a mile to the gas station. Got back and was laughing about some landscapers catching kittens in the parking lot. Said there were 2 or 3. It wasn't until later that day we realized the yard cat was no longer pregnant and dad had given the kittens a ride to the store under the hood. No telling how many he lost on the drive.

Comment

Nasty but better than shrimp under the air intake. Don't ask me how I know.

Doug

Comment

Better than a live one.

Comment

Working...
                              X