Tennessee fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennessee fishing

I have a group of friends headed to Gatlinburg, TN soon and we’ve talked about fishing for a day while we’re there.
    Does anyone have any recommendations on any guides up that way? Either fly fishing or conventional tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be interested in knowing also. We are going to that other T state soon, also. Curious what else there is there to do up there. Going to check out some alcohol production. Then some fishing would be great to do also.

Comment

Cant help you on a guide but I think yall would have a blast free lancing and doing your own trip. Head to smoky mountain national park and fish the little pigeon river system. You can also go try the smaller creeks and rivulets for native brook trout. Very wary but for their usually smaller size compared to the browns and rainbows they put on one heck of a fight on a fly rod and have the most incredible coloration

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        Cant help you on a guide but I think yall would have a blast free lancing and doing your own trip. Head to smoky mountain national park and fish the little pigeon river system. You can also go try the smaller creeks and rivulets for native brook trout. Very wary but for their usually smaller size compared to the browns and rainbows they put on one heck of a fight on a fly rod and have the most incredible coloration

Yeah that would be way to do it if we had the time and space to bring rods, just looking to sneak away for a couple hours and cut the learning curve out.

Comment

He's usually booked-up pretty far in advance, but can try Rob Fightmaster: https://fightmasterflyfishing.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
            He's usually booked-up pretty far in advance, but can try Rob Fightmaster: https://fightmasterflyfishing.com/

Thanks for the input, looks like he has a couple openings for when we’re there. I’ll have to call and see if he’ll do 3 guys.

Comment

Striper guides Billy Davis and Steve Baker

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton View Post

Thanks I’ll look them up.

Anybody else have anymore recommendations?

Comment

I grew up fishing the streams just across the mountain from Gatlinburg. Look for out of way accesses, hard to get to type places and fish those spots. They'll get less traffic from casual fisherman and typically have more trout in the holes.

Also, take a camo shirt to fish in. Trout have incredible eye sight and will see bright colored shirts walking along the streams.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton View Post
                    Never fished with either of these guys, but lived in the area 3 years. Took my best striper, 42lbs, out of Melton Hill Lake. I also took a dozen or so over 25lbs in the water below Melton Hill Dam.

Comment

Working...
                    X