Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The “I’m not building anymore rifles” rifle build! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The “I’m not building anymore rifles” rifle build! :)

So since having my switchlug built earlier this year, and having 2 other custom magnum rifles, I figured I was set on guns. I wanted a 6.5 PRC barrel for my switchlug. Soooo I ordered a Bartlein carbon #4 barrel blank. Easy project! Nope.

Found a decent deal on a Manners EH4 mini chassis and thought hmmm. I only need an action and a trigger to have a complete rifle. Game on! So I ordered a Kelbly Atlas Tactical.

My EH4 showed up. I couldn’t get used to the big palm swell as my EH6A is my go to now. But I had an action and a barrel. So what’s a man to do? FIND MORE PARTS!

Located an all carbon EH6A in black web. Hawkins M5 DBM. And a Trigger Tech Diamond. NOW we are getting there.

All parts have arrived. And will be taken to the one and only Johnny at Crimson Accuracy to do his magic. I’ll update here once done. But here’s some pics of some of it.

I’ll be running a Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50 MilC on it in Hawkins rings. Should be a decently light hunting rifle.

Going to run factory 147s and 143s for a bit as I have 6 boxes. Not much room in the Accurate Mag but Johnny is punching it with a .160 freebore I believe so we should be good to go. I have 200 140 grain accubonds and I’ll try some 140 Bergers as I have 15-16 lbs of H-1000 waiting on it . So this SHOULD be my last rifle build. Until my daughter is ready for her own

Click image for larger version

Name:	50678FAF-2D62-4539-A6BC-E312CC745653.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	25235636

Name:	C07E204B-C6A3-4096-9A79-1E673263279D.jpeg
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	25235637

Name:	CCB2ED42-DBA5-40CA-9643-FFC7C9F4760A.jpeg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	25235638

Name:	CED59C6B-F62F-408A-B675-2ED0DB1E208F.jpeg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	25235639

Name:	7B94A932-A9BE-47DB-BFDB-913E4EB1223B.jpeg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	25235640

I like that tiger stripe graphite/fiberglass.

Comment

Really like the components here. Question, are you going to open the barrel channel so the barrel sits deeper in the stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
        Really like the components here. Question, are you going to open the barrel channel so the barrel sits deeper in the stock?
        Absolutely. It has to be opened. Downside of finding a manners in stock right now today is they will rarely be drop in ready. Barrel channel needs opened. Side bolt release needs to be cut into the stock. Ejection port will need to be made wider on the stock. And possibly a touch of the bolt handle inlet as my action is a straight bolt handle where as the 700 is swept. All fast and easy. Just a little additional cost. Johnny is the man on stock work too. Does a fantastic job.

Comment

I was JUST looking at ordering a new Manners stock today for a Remington 700 donor I’m wanting to build off. I just received my APR build a few months ago, so I told my self I was going to take a break. Now my wheels are spinning and I am wanting to order the Manners MCS-T and a proof barrel and make the excuse that it’s for my daughter when she’s ready! Sure is addicting when you start going down the road of custom rifles.

Comment

Lemme get that EH4 if you don’t want it

Comment

Johnny builds some fine rifles! Excited to see this one Trophy8!

Comment

Originally posted by bustacap View Post
                Lemme get that EH4 if you don’t want it
                Text me when you wake up.

Comment

Johnny is the man....but you already know that. Great looking setup

Comment

I just put one of the Bartlein carbon #4 contours on my 6.5-284...makes for a nice light portable rifle in a McMillan Edge stock...think it came in at 8.5lbs with a scope on it.

Good looking build.

Comment

Dang that looks like a fun build.

I hear ya, its hard to not keep building but the cost does add up.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

That should be a shooter. That’s nearly my go to combo. Ive been wrapped up in bartlien #4’s and now carbon with an EH1, trigger tech special combo. I’m an idiot and I keep having rifles built that are nearly the exact same. Maybe a 0.5lbs reduction or different glass options, and then I only use one. It’s a drug!

Comment

That’s a good looking rifle you started there. I have three builds “on deck” that all have some parts but it all. Too many options haha. Really waiting for my 30 Nosler to be done to replace the 300wm I sold.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Johnny is legit. All my rifles are hammers. You’ll enjoy the Hawkins dbm. I love mine. As for the nx8 good luck slick

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                              Johnny is legit. All my rifles are hammers. You’ll enjoy the Hawkins dbm. I love mine. As for the nx8 good luck slick
                              Ha! Where’d that scope come from? 😂

Comment

Working...
                              X