Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Excellent post.

Many good and valid points here, especially in regards to the fire rating. There is no set standard.

If you want both security and fire protection call Terry at www.sturdysafe.com.
    Do you actually own one of these safes?

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
      Not yet, but I will when I build my new house. I did talk to Terry for over 2 hours on the phone one day. True American to the core.

Comment

I just bought this one yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by beeler311 View Post

Nice safe my Liberty 50 should be here next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
            http://www.securityproducts1.com/index.html

These guys are in Waco and the safe can be ordered however you want it! Great safe that can be built with up to 60 mins at 2600 degrees!

They will be building my next safe. I have 2 Brownings at the moment.
            These are awesome safes.My brother and 2 of my cousins have them and I've never seen a better safe anywhere else.The box store safes can't compare to these.

Comment

I bought some led ribbon lights on sale at home depot. Got the idea from the refrigerated cases at the grocery store. They put the lights up along the inside of the door frame so that they shine into the case and you don't get blinded by them. But you do get great lighting on the stuff in your safe. Next time you go to walmart check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Osceola View Post
                These are awesome safes.My brother and 2 of my cousins have them and I've never seen a better safe anywhere else.The box store safes can't compare to these.
                Buddy has one and it is awesome! I have a nice Cannon and it isn't near a nice as his

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
                  http://www.securityproducts1.com/index.html

These guys are in Waco and the safe can be ordered however you want it! Great safe that can be built with up to 60 mins at 2600 degrees!

They will be building my next safe. I have 2 Brownings at the moment.
                  I have a big 42" X 34" X 72" safe of theirs that I bought around 1983. It is made from 1/4" steel on all sides. I stopped in a few years ago and purchased some new locks after the locksmith could not make a spare key that would work after numerous attempts. Anyway, the owner of Security Products said I have the most secure safe he's ever built. The only problem is it has no fire protection at all. Because of this, I just purchased a 64 gun Liberty Fat Boy less than a month ago.

Comment

I helped a friend move his gun safe to his new house on my trailer and we laid it down on its back and then he could not open it..the locksmith told him to never lay a safe on its backwhile transporting and I will not post the details on what the locksmith did to get into the safe but I was astonished at how simple it was...

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                      So what safe did you go with that survived all of the Colorado fires?
                      I did not want to make this about brands but. If I had the money I would go with Fort Nox, I went with Liberty... after research I would not go with any lower model below the Franklin series, Lincoln and Presidential would be the ones to look at hard but the Franklin will perform great under fire and 2 thieves with pry bars and crow bars. Both are manufactured here in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by beeler311 View Post

that is a great safe!

Comment

A C safes out of Fort Worth. I got a real nice dented Winchester 54 gun. I like it alot

Comment

has anyone discussed the difference between a safe and Residential Security Containers (RSC) ??
                            RSCs is what most of ya'll are talking about.

evan as good as a Ft Knox is, the vast majority of their safes (<$5k) are RSCs...

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                              Ok new plan, weld chain to back of safe, thread thru wall, insulate then if god forbid a fire happens break glass, hook to tractor and pull
                              I like this idea the best!!

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                                I own the 7227 and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X