• Time
  • Show
Clear All

did i get a good deal?

i paid 2000 for it. it looks to be in good condition. 96 model
    Attached Files

Looks good to me

Comment

Seems a lil high for a 96 model but if it runs good and looks good and ur happy. Who cares.

Comment

i think the blue book for this one is alot lower.....my 02 is only blue booked at 2345 and its in excellent cond with low mileage..it's nice but i think you payed 2 much.

Comment

I hate to say it, but you got taken advantage of for that price.

Comment

As long as you're happy and feel like you got your money's worth it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.....IMO

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
              As long as you're happy and feel like you got your money's worth it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.....IMO
              this is what I was going to say at first.... but he did ask

Comment

Did you get a steal? No but If it is in good working condition and you plan to keep it a long time then you will be fine with the price. I would not worry about it just use it and go have fun!

Comment

If it's in good working order I think it was ok, but not a steal.

Comment

Everybody want to quote book values. Book values are based on average wear and tear. If it's well taken care of I think you got a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                      Everybody want to quote book values. Book values are based on average wear and tear. If it's well taken care of I think you got a good deal.
                      x2

Comment

If you are happy with it that's all that matters. Those are tough 4 wheelers, if you take care of it you won't have any trouble getting your money's worth out of it. Congrats!!

Comment

For a 17 yr old steed you paid to much. It looks clean and if your happy with it dont think about what you paid.

Comment

book value (kbb) is based on "The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices for a used unit in excellent condition."

I believe a lot of folks ask more than blue book. And some get it. I went to a honda shop before Xmas for my son's 4x4. They had a used bike, 1k over blue book. I also tend to look at the add ons that some used bikes have.

Now if you are happy with it, I don't think it really matters. How low does the seller want to go before he just keeps it. Bikes in good condition usually don't go much below 1500.

Comment

$2000 for that bike is probably on the higher end, but the 425 mags are darn near bullet proof. I've owned a couple and my brother still has his 98 model. They will run forever as long as you dont abuse it. I still say its a good buy because of what it is

Comment

Working...
                              X