No announcement yet.

Leupold vs. Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have leupold vx-r 3-9 on my ar 15 and it is great. I should have went a model down or two cause i keep it on the 3-5 setting 99% of the time.

Comment

Leupold is my choice

Comment

Leupold.....Lifetime warranty even if your not the original owner.....I like Zeiss best..but own mainly Leupolds..never had a problem with em....

Comment

leupold!

Comment

my vote leupold and for this reason...
            Originally posted by cpr1979 View Post
            I don't own a leupold(yet) but do own a vortex. I will say in low light I can't see much of anything. I plan on switching soon
            learned my leason too many times trying to save and little and it never works out for me.

Comment

If the gun I'm putting a scope on means Anything to me and it's gonna be used for shooting critters, I'm going with my tried and true leupold. I'm not leaving any room for errors

Comment

I have an old Leupold 12X fixed. It is unbelievable what I can see at dawn and dusk. No other scope or bino comes close. Good glass is invaluable the last 10 minutes of shooting light which just happens to be when the big boys sneak out.

Comment

Of the two, Leupold all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by tookeymonster View Post
                    Vortex has a way better warranty. With Vortex if you break it they fix it or replace it, doesn't matter why or how you broke it.

Since you are looking at the mid grad Vortex vs twoard the higher end Leo's, you cant go wrong with either probably very equal, except for the Vortex Unconditional lifetime warranty.
                    Actually have had 2 Leupolds replaced for free under "warranty". One was dropped and broken, the other was not correctly mounted to the rifle and broke. Both replaced/repaired no charge, no questions asked by Leupold.

Originally posted by tookeymonster View Post
                    Since you are looking at the mid grad Vortex vs twoard the higher end Leo's, you cant go wrong with either probably very equal, except for the Vortex Unconditional lifetime warranty.
                    Between the Leupold and the Vortex I am looking at, the Vortex in mid grade to higher end and the Leupold is mid grade to lowere end.

Just want to get the facts straight on both claims.

Comment

I guess I will stick with Leupold. I just was hearing a bunch about Vortex and thought about trying them, but if it ain't broke, I ain't gonna "fix" it.

Btw, I have two sets of Leupolds binos, 4 - VX3's, 5 - VX2's and an Ultimate Slam muzzleloader scope on various setups. I use all of them during the low light conditions when I cannot see with my own eyesight. This includes times when it is completely dark and the moon is bright enough to see thru the Leupold glass.

Lastly, my customer service experiences with them in the past is another detrminant as posted in the previous thread.

Comment

If anybody has a Leupold that they wanna sell me cheap so they can buy a Vortex just send me a pm! Thanks and have a great day!

Comment

Don't own a Vortex scope but based on their binos I would be willing to try.

I do happen to own a not too old VX-III. Got it on a closeout and it is right down awesome!! I believe the newer version VX-3 is purged with Argon. I believe the Vortex scopes are also Argon purged.

Comment

Originally posted by avidhunter75 View Post
                            If the gun I'm putting a scope on means Anything to me and it's gonna be used for shooting critters, I'm going with my tried and true leupold. I'm not leaving any room for errors
                            My rule of thumb has always been... Scope value is never less than the value of the gun. Except for my AR, Leupold Mark-AR.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                              No need to base anything on their warranty wording... Lets base it on actual happenings.
                              Brothers sling came off his gun while it was on his shoulder leupy was whipped into a rock. Sent it back in, brand new scope returned.

I buy used scopes all the time and send them in to be checked... Ive sent 8 in last year; 7 were returned as bnib scopes, and the other one was fixed... So you keep thinking leupold won't fix a scope that you broke, put it up in the classifieds and i will buy it, send it in and get a brand new scope out of the deal.

I'm talking a beat up m8 for a brand new vx-3. Old varix-ii for bnib vx-2 If they think its not worth their time to fix it they just replace it. Leupold stands behind their product like nobody else in the business. If you every have a problem just call them.
                              So the conclusion is that Leupy has loopy Warranty coverage...just depends on who at the Leupy gets your clame and how good or bad of a day they are having. I have heard several great stories of Leupold's service to their customers on clames and several not so good. I still love my Leupold products. Just saying their Warranty in not Unconditional. My Leupold Binos nor did my friends that burnt up did not get fixed or replaces where Vortex would have. Just saying.

And now that I know someone that has a son that is an Engineer for Leupold I can send him my stuff and he will take care of it

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                                Actually have had 2 Leupolds replaced for free under "warranty". One was dropped and broken, the other was not correctly mounted to the rifle and broke. Both replaced/repaired no charge, no questions asked by Leupold.

Between the Leupold and the Vortex I am looking at, the Vortex in mid grade to higher end and the Leupold is mid grade to lowere end.

Just want to get the facts straight on both claims.
                                Yes, i stand corrected on the grades. Leuo use to only use the 30mm tube on their higher end models from what I thought. And The Vortex Viper models use 2-3 (depends on the year) different sets of Glass in all the different Viper moddles and can get very confusing. Leuo charged me to fix my Bino's (from what I understand is that Leuo stand behind their scopes better than their Binos depending on the year made due to the buy out of Whindriver bino's and when Leuo fully took over and was just not stamping their name on the Bino's). And I would never sell my Leuo VX-III 50mm.

Comment

Working...
                                X