No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine turned me on to calumet farms 15. Found it at the local grocery store for 110 a bottle. Phenomenal bourbon.

Comment

Figure it will make a good barter item..
      Bought a 1.75ltr Weller Special Reserve, $39
      And 750ml Knockmore Irish Whiskey, $31.25
      Ya all have me searching for other brands..
      Has anyone tried the Kansas Clean Distilled whiskey.? Its not bad
      Last edited by Zmaxhunter; 06-11-2021, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Anyone have Weller antique 107?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Picked up a bottle of this and tried it for the first time tonight.

This will become a regular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For a bottle that’s readily available, it’s one of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tried some Boondocks tonight . I liked it. HD some Basil Hayden’s Carribian rye last wknd. Really good summer pour.

Comment

Tried some Boondocks tonight . I liked it. HD some Basil Hayden’s Carribian rye last wknd. Really good summer pour.

Comment

I set up a taste test for a buddy of mine tonight. Gave him samples of Glenfiddich 12 YO, TX Blended Whisky, Woodford Reserve, and Rip Van Winkle (10 YO Pappy)

When he tried the Scotch he wrinkled up his face and said Yuk, I hate Scotch
                He then tried the TX Blended and said that's pretty smooth
                He didn't try the Woodford because he considers that his favorite and didn't need to try it.
                When he tried the Pappy 10 YO He really liked it and said how sweet and smooth it was.

ALL OF THEM WERE ACTUALLY EVAN WILLIAMS IN THE OTHER BOTTLES!!!!!

When I told him he didn't believe me.

Comment

Hahaha

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  I set up a taste test for a buddy of mine tonight. Gave him samples of Glenfiddich 12 YO, TX Blended Whisky, Woodford Reserve, and Rip Van Winkle (10 YO Pappy)

When he tried the Scotch he wrinkled up his face and said Yuk, I hate Scotch
                  He then tried the TX Blended and said that's pretty smooth
                  He didn't try the Woodford because he considers that his favorite and didn't need to try it.
                  When he tried the Pappy 10 YO He really liked it and said how sweet and smooth it was.

ALL OF THEM WERE ACTUALLY EVAN WILLIAMS IN THE OTHER BOTTLES!!!!!

When I told him he didn't believe me.

Too funny!

Comment

Okay, I bought Chicken Cock whiskey as a joke to give to my friend ($60 joke I know what was I thinking) but their Straight Bourbon is the best whiskey I have ever had. Beats Jameson hands down as an medium-expensive drink.

I highly recommend it if any of you happen to cross its path.

Our Whiskey: Distilled, aged, and bottled in Bardstown, Kentucky. Bold flavors of oak, dried fruit, caramel, and vanilla. Enjoy neat or in classic cocktails.

-Jack

Comment

Retired from DFW after 36 years a little over a week ago…. I believe it’s about time to tap a few of these.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	089578AC-7D7D-49E6-971E-6E915EF8F429.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	24654189

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                        Retired from DFW after 36 years a little over a week ago…. I believe it’s about time to tap a few of these.
                        [ATTACH]1053439[/ATTACH]

Congrats Jefe, enjoy your retirement! Let’s get a beer soon.

FYI, about 7 shots of that Bookers will make you want to fight pretty much everything, including gravity....and lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

FYI, about 7 shots of that Bookers will make you want to fight pretty much everything, including gravity....and lose.

Name the date and I’m at the mule barn! Us old hippies aren’t much fighters, but we can roll a good blunt and chill real well

Comment

Haven’t seen a bottle of Cask No.16 in a lot of years. Did they recently bring that back, or is that bottle that old?

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                              [ATTACH]1053439[/ATTACH]
                              Wow! Party at your house!! (I'm in for a bit of the blunt, too.)

Hey, like your Gonzales battle flag. Is it Gallery of the Rebulic-made?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Is this like being so drink you have to hold onto the ground to kep from falling off the earth?

Comment

Working...
                                X