No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, when magic seaweed says the swells will be 2-3 and 3-4 foot with a constant 15mph SE wind.. is that a condition where one would comfortable fishing surf?

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      so, when magic seaweed says the swells will be 2-3 and 3-4 foot with a constant 15mph SE wind.. is that a condition where one would comfortable fishing surf?
      Not all for wading.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        Not all for wading.
        dang.. i knew i was going to miss the calm surf. i missed it last year by a week as well. Looks like we'll be casting heavy, and beating feet around the area and doing what we can from shore again.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Can someone down size pics lol

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Congrats!

Comment

I still LOL at Razorzs fishing team name

Comment

Just catching up. Sorry for your loss, Richard. Prayers for your family.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

It's been a pretty good summer so far. Here's a few pics.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This has not been an easy year. I'd say it's been pretty tough at times but that's not all from the freeze. The flooding and freshwater inflows we have received have been pretty tough on us as well. Here at my house we had over 40" of rain from May 1 to June 15. The fresh water really limits what we can fish and when you add in funky SW winds it can be a big challenge mainly because you can't fish where you need to be fishing. Thankfully that is settling out and things are getting a little more consistent.

Things have started looking a whole lot more like normal. We have decent saltwater all the way into the harbor in Matagorda again. Grassy Point in Palacios read some salinity in the water this weekend for the first time in 6 or 8 weeks. Salinity has returned to parts of the upper bay. For those who fish West Matagorda Bay the fresh water pushed all the way down to and over Halfmoon Reef which is pretty extreme. The whole north half of the bay was fresh including Oyster Lake, Coon Island, etc. In East Matagorda it has not been as bad except all of the back lakes off the ICW were totally fresh and the salinity in the east end of the bay kinda came and went. We had good green salty water from the gulf all the way down the ICW and coming into all the inlets into the bay all the way down to Old Gulf Cut this weekend. We have really needed that as the fish that come and go through Mitchell's Cut from the surf won't come in when it is running fresh. We should start seeing some good pushes of trout rolling in on the tide now.

The surf got right for about 3 or 4 days last week and that was a nice little break for us. The fishing was pretty easy. There was freshwater down the bank all the way to the POC jetties. It runs out of the Brazos river and the wind keeps it pushed against the bank as it runs south. So we had a sort of funky brown strip right down the beach. But it didn't matter. I caught a bunch of good fish out of the funkiest looking water.

This weekend we caught fish in East and West Matagorda Bay. Yesterday the storms rolling through made it tough but we still caught a few. Friday and Saturday we did well and caught quite a few trout and some drum. There were some decent catches of redfish reported too, and they have been pretty scarce the last month or so.

So things are looking up. Get out and take some kids fishing. As you can see from the pics I've had a ton of kids on board this summer and it sure is fun to put them on some fish.

Comment

Great report Glenn. My wife and I really struggled in Poc/Seadrift last week. Water was really fresh and dirty all the areas we were trying to fish.

There must have been about 30 shrimp boats in San Antonio bay around the icw that really had the water screwed up as well.

Didn’t get my itch scratched, so will need to head back down soon if we don’t venture over to Louisiana instead.

Comment

Good stuff Glenn!

Comment

Dang GLenn, sorry you had to fish with that fella and his mustache

Comment

Working...
                                X