Meopta Optika 6 reviews needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meopta Optika 6 reviews needed

What’s the glass compare to? How’s the eye box? Specifically looking at the 3-18x50.

Tagged

Comment

I don’t have much experience with them but I did a comparison with that scope, a trijicon credo, a vx3i, a vortex viper and a few others one day at McBrides. It was very clear and had good light but to me it was hella heavy compared to the other scopes I looked at. For the glass, it was comparable to an older Zeiss scope. Reminded me a lot of the Zeiss binos I had a while back. The Leupold and Trijicon was much brighter and way lighter overall. Eye relief was about the same on all of them except the vortex. Seemed I had to be closer to see thru it. They are very popular and I think most people would be happy looking thru one.

FWIW, I ended up getting the vx3i 4.5-14x50

Comment

I have the 3-18x56 FFP with 4D Dichro Reticle on my APR 300wm. The glass is better compared to my Leupold VX3i LPR 6.5-20x50. Tracking is on point, glass is super clear.
        Last edited by RF76; 04-04-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
          I have the 3-18x56 FFP with 4D Dichro Reticle on my APR 300wm. The glass is better compared to my Leupold VX3i LPR 6.5-20x50. Tracking is on point, glass is super clear.
          Yes, When shooting paper I have caught myself picking up the rifle with the Meopta to see where the rifle with the Vx3i hit rather than unpacking the scope. Eyebox is not as generous as Vx3i and not as tight as Nightforce SHV.

Formidicilous has a long review over months @ROKslide
          Last edited by PlanoDano; 04-05-2021, 02:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Like PlanoDano mentioned, I would highly recommend reading the review Formidilosus posted on Rokslide / 24HourCampfire. He puts the optics he tests through the ringer and this one held up quite well.

Comment

I got my hands on several models of the Optika 5 and 6 today. Pretty dang impressed. And that’s hard to to do on optics. They ARE heavy for what they are. Think I’m gonna try one and see how it goes. It won’t be used a lot. But need to have that rifle up and running.

Comment

As a person who does some freelance work with Meopta, you truly won't be disappointed with any of the optics they put out. I have been doing work with Meopta for almost 2 years and a Texan for 31 years (got here as soon as I could). Meopta is a little-known European optic manufacturer that doesn't farm out their glass to Asia in hopes they get what they want. They have strict quality control which means their stuff doesn't break. One of my new favorite Meopta scopes is the Optika5 3-15x44. Coming in at 21.7 oz it is in the ball park of other similar magnified optics. What sets Meopta products apart is the quality of the glass, the low light visibility and the always important, reliability and repeatability. There aren't many Meopta products I haven't had in the field hunting, pigs, deer, predators, long-range shooting, or carbine competitions. The best part is when you find out the prices of their products. As always, drop me a note if I can answer any questions. I can tell you that more and more folks are discovering Meopta and the higher magnification scopes can be difficult to come by these days.

Comment

Anyone have a lead on a good place to purchase Meopta rifle scopes? I think I am going to get one for my new Bergara .308

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
                    Anyone have a lead on a good place to purchase Meopta rifle scopes? I think I am going to get one for my new Bergara .308

Thanks

CALL Doug at Camera Land.

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post

Thanks

EuroOptics and SportOptics have some models in stock. My friend and I got lucky since we ordered at the beginning of pandemic and now he was trying to get another one but the one he wants is on backordered.
                      Last edited by RF76; 04-09-2021, 01:11 PM.

Comment

There are some Authorized Dealers in TX, in case Doug can't hook you up. https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/u...-locator-5991/

Comment

Ordered a SFP 3-18x50 plex reticle new from sport optics. Came in today. Ordered 2 days ago. It’s HEAVY. But otherwise I’m super impressed so far for the money. Time will tell. I don’t like the turrets. Kinda mushy. But I ordered capped ones. Won’t be dialing.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Ordered a SFP 3-18x50 plex reticle new from sport optics. Came in today. Ordered 2 days ago. It’s HEAVY. But otherwise I’m super impressed so far for the money. Time will tell. I don’t like the turrets. Kinda mushy. But I ordered capped ones. Won’t be dialing.
                            Give us an update after a little time with it. Seems like a pretty good scope for the money

Comment

Pretty thorough: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thre...uation.145959/

Comment

Working...
                              X