2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
    If you have a kayak take it to Matagorda with you and just fish out of your kayak. You have a better shot at doing well out of your kayak than you do driving to the bay and walking in. There are several good launch options right off the road and several more places you can drive in and launch.

Spring Bayou is what we call 3 Mile Cut. If you tell people Spring Bayou they will know you aren't from around here. 3 Mile is like anywhere else, it can be very good or very poor depending on your timing. It's a pretty good area to catch redfish and flounder. While you are looking at maps look at all of the marsh down the west end of EMB from the ICW to the beach. There are several sloughs that run up to the road that you can launch in and paddle into the marsh to fish. Also look at Parker's Cut into West Matagorda Bay. You can paddle across the Colorado River and drag your kayak over into Parker's Cut which leads into the SE end of WMB. There is some good kayak fishing to be had in there at times. Another to look at is Oyster Lake near Collegeport. You can launch down there just past the Oyster Lake bridge and there is a whole lot of water you can access by kayak in there as well.

If you really want to drive into the south shoreline and walk in the most popular drive in spots to wade use to be like Hog Island, Kain's Cove and the Oyster Farm. Look those areas up. Getting in there can be very sketchy. People go play in the mud and wallow out big mud holes with no bottom to them. You ease off in them and they end up hood deep. Some of them do anyway. I use to drive in down there all the time but I don't even try it anymore, it is just too torn up. We once had a good shell road running down the beach behind the sand dunes but it is all torn up and rough as a cob now.
    Wow! You're the man! Thanks that's way more info than I'd have found in hours of googling. That helps a lot. Easy enough to strap a kayak on the Dadmobile.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Been doing some google map scouting! East matagorda is huge! That seems like an insane amount of area to go in blind looking for a walk in wade area. Hard to tell from maps.

Looks like Spring Bayou would be easy to access from the beach. But the rest I guess you'd have to go to know.

Going to keep doing some research.

Also.. if I did Surfside, anybody know what time of year the canals in sea isle are good at night? Could bring the kayak and do that at night there.

Just trying to start making plans. I have always mainly fished Big Lake. But harder and harder to do long enough trips to make it worth the drive and effort hauling my boat.

PM Sent.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
        I’m leaning 25’ with 300R on it, just don’t tell Shane, I’ll never hear the end of it [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If you're not first, you're last. I'm usually last

Comment

Fishing with Friends Friday

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post

I had two blonde sisters on the boat Saturday, but they weren't like that. Guess I gotta step my rooster tail up some more.

Comment

I had two blonde sisters on the boat Saturday, but they weren't like that. Guess I gotta step my rooster tail up some more.

You misspelled wallet

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                You misspelled wallet

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                Yeah I don't have any money. Haha.

Gotta bring them in with my charming conversation and good looks. [emoji23]

Comment

Yeah I don't have any money. Haha.

Gotta bring them in with my charming conversation and good looks. [emoji23]

You need more rooster tail

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    If you're not first, you're last. I'm usually last

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post

One on the right may have fake baked a hot minute too long...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        One on the right may have fake baked a hot minute too long...

I don’t know about that but there is definitely a camel sighting. [emoji16][emoji3]

Comment

Have not posted here in a little while but I wanted to post a few little updates ive done to my bay boat recently. I know I know the pictures are not near as good as whats been posted lately. Haha.

I went with a new coast line trailer finally and removing the old ice chest cooler seat from my triton and have new bucket seats and frame going in this weekend hopefully as well as a matching console rail. If anyone needs any aluminum work a guy in Alvin did mine and he does really good work and a super nice guy. ( Awkward Angels Marine is his company name )
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                            Have not posted here in a little while but I wanted to post a few little updates ive done to my bay boat recently. I know I know the pictures are not near as good as whats been posted lately. Haha.

I went with a new coast line trailer finally and removing the old ice chest cooler seat from my triton and have new bucket seats and frame going in this weekend hopefully as well as a matching console rail. If anyone needs any aluminum work a guy in Alvin did mine and he does really good work and a super nice guy. ( Awkward Angels Marine is his company name )

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post

Nice additions!

Comment

thanks guys , I have always wanted to do both of those items but hard to do when they add up to the same price as the whole boat cost lol

Comment

Working...
                                X