Water tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water tank

Morning tbh. The land owner recently had this tank placed on my lease near to my hunting area for his cattle. Any way my question is do y’all think there needs to be some way for hogs to get out of tank? I’m thinking some smaller hogs will go for a swim and won’t be able to get out. What y’all think? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our neighbor has one. Have not seen any floaters in it but cannot see it too well as it is about 150 yards off and through some trees. However we do see pigs at it and it does have a mud hole they wallow in some. Mostly though the smaller ones cannot get to the water so they hit our tiny pond.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool...........

Comment

If they can jump in they can jump out.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          If they can jump in they can jump out.
          Ok. Thanks. I was not sure about that.

Comment

I’m planning on setting up a ground blind near here to poke some hogs as they walk in.

Thanks again fellows!

Comment

squirrels & coons yes. Hogs, no.

Comment

I would say he might need to protect his float / valve better. Not sure the fence alone is enough.

Comment

I'd give that set-up a very short life span.

Comment

Stack some rocks along the inside or lay a good size branch from the bottom across the top so the critters can climb out if they fall in. Nothing like having a floating possum in there.

Comment

I would say yes.

A piece of wood or something. Better to have it there and not need it, then to eventually have needed it and not be there.

J

Comment

Yes the setup looks cheap, the land owner received some type of government grant to clear some pasture and placement of new water tank for his cattle . So I’m guessing that’s what was granted to them.

But I will put a big branch or 2x6 in there.

Thanks again gents

Comment

Working...
                        X