No announcement yet.

No mask arrest Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mask - No Mask - i dont care. If someone wants to wear a oxygen filtration system more power to them. If someone ask me in a business to put one on I will just leave politely. I have only been asked once in a Subway and I just left and went next door and had Mexican food.
    We have been in N. La. for a week and very few have masks on. Walking into the college baseball game they do ask if you have a mask with you. They dont ask you to put it on and id guess about 80% dont wear a mask at the games.

I dont know why folks get so uptight. My sister has become a basement dweller. People hanging out together or not wearing a mask freaks her out. I try the explain to her to not worry about other folks and do as she wants. She is not able to. She does not come to family functions or even go visit my 80 yr old parents - too stressful for her because they dont wear masks.

Comment

Originally posted by republicbutcher View Post
      Not trying to throw stones here, but I am shocked to see all of the "just comply" or "she got what she deserved" comments.

Liberty is our birth right as Americans. Those liberties have been absolutely trampled on over the last year. All over a virus that is so deadly, you have to be tested to know whether or not you even have it. Now, the governor lifts the mask mandate, and cities and businesses are making the rules? The "president" is saying if we behave we can have small gatherings on July 4th? You have to be kidding me.

I hear a lot of people saying they dont recognize our country, or that America is changing for the worse. Maybe it is, but the mindset of "just comply or go to jail" over a mask is just going to accelerate the process. And from Texans???

I know where I can get the things I need without a mask. That's where I spend my money. I will not wear a mask again, and I encourage more people to do what this lady did. Live your life the way you want. It's your right to do so. I hope she gets the charges dropped. I suspect she will. Just my 2 cents.

You have a RIGHT to live as you see fit. You have a RIGHT to liberty. Absolutely. The bank also has the legal right to run their business as they see fit. Don't like it? (and no, I don't at all and will never do business there.) Don't do business with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
        Can someone that thinks this lady was in the right explain the difference between asking someone to wear shoes into an establishment is different than asking them to wear a mask?
        I'm saying this so that I and others can dialogue, not because I am certain I am right...

The side that says this lady was correct in what she did believes this pandemic has overflowed its' boundaries by months. They believe that our very precious liberties are being destroyed, week by week and while the ability to conscientiously object will remain, you will be ghettoized like many of the religious groups in Europe if you do so. So if I am arguing for that side, I believe it is based on a belief that you cannot win this argument in the courts, in the civic square and certainly not in D.C. The only resistance left is local. That's how I would argue it, probably, if I was taking that side.

I think that basically many of us are debating tactics b/c 75% or more of TBH is not a big fan of wearing masks, IMHO. Do you comply and write your mayor? Do you resist at the door? Or do you go full-on confrontational cowboy and just parade in the place, refusing to put on a mask?

It is similar to "no shoes, no service" in the sense that a private business has a policy. It is different because it was a very controversial statewide policy first and we cannot pretend that the context is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
          The N95 is the only mask that will actually protect you. The purpose of wearing a regular surgical mask is to keep you from spreading droplets to others, and others wearing surgical mask from spreading droplets to you. So if everyone doesn't play the game, it doesn't really work. Get it.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the masking, I'm vaccinated. I think if we can just put up with this hassle for just a little bit longer until we get the majority of Americans who are willing to get vaccinated, vaccinated, we can put this **** thing behind us. I've seen to many people die, loose a lung, almost die, have heart issues, blood clots etc. This thing is real. I seen to many stubborn people end up getting it or have family get it, and then they're crying when someone dies.

If she had a problem, stupid woman should have put a **** mask on and took her money out of the bank and left. Plain and simple. Instead she ended up on the floor in cuffs.
          The only mask that will filter the droplets is an N95, so no, a regular surgical mask will not block them either way. I don't disagree that she should have used the drive through & left to fight another day, resisting arrest is not a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by McPatrickClan View Post
            Fair point. I think the issue that makes this a once-in-a-lifetime experience is that the masks are a conscience issue for many. Sen Joe Manchin said President Biden told him, I will never ask you to violate your conscience. For many, being asked to wear a mask is being asked to violate their conscience. Cue the fireworks.
            You’re not wrong, but at the same time you’re not totally correct either. If a government entity asked me to violate my beliefs then we’re going to court. If a private entity asks me to then I’m getting out of dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              You’re not wrong, but at the same time you’re not totally correct either. If a government entity asked me to violate my beliefs then we’re going to court. If a private entity asks me to then I’m getting out of dodge.
              I may be wrong, but I'll bet you believe that you should be able to carry a weapon on you anywhere you go. If so, have you taken the government to court yet?

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                Not you specifically but for all, how do you get out of dodge if they haven't given you your money? This isn't the same as going next door to a different establishment if a restaurant tells you to put a mask on or leave as the bank has her money. Her purpose was to do what you said and withdraw her money. She tried to do it thru the drive thru and the bank wouldn't let her. She was 100% right until the cop showed up. At that point she should have left and had the cop get her money for her. As I said, a lot of wrong by all parties on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  I may be wrong, but I'll bet you believe that you should be able to carry a weapon on you anywhere you go. If so, have you taken the government to court yet?
                  You’re right and wrong. I believe in what they don’t know doesn’t hurt them. I’ve left before when asked without issue for carrying where I wasn’t wanted. I carry everywhere up until the point they ask me, or that it becomes a felony. At that point I have to ask myself whether my beliefs are worth my liberties.

I fully understand that I didn’t comply with private property owners wishes as well. I took that risk upon myself, and luckily I came out on the right side of it. I wouldn’t cry had they called the cops upon me though. I broke the rules willingly and knowingly.
                  Last edited by TX03RUBI; 03-15-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by republicbutcher View Post
                    Not trying to throw stones here, but I am shocked to see all of the "just comply" or "she got what she deserved" comments.

Liberty is our birth right as Americans......
                    I am shocked that you speak of liberty yet wish to deny liberty to a private property owner. Liberty is for individuals. Does a private property owner have the liberty to set rules on his property? Apparently you don’t think so.

Do you believe you can go to someone else’s property and dictate the terms which the property owner must allow? Maybe I can come to your house, go get a beer out of the fridge and change the TV channel to what I wish. That has to be OK right?

If you think masks are stupid, great.

If you think the governor overstepped his authority under the law, magnificent. Vote against him or sue him in court.

If you will not patronize a business that has a mask requirement on their private property, awesome. How is his private property rights not liberty?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                      [/B]

Ironic that the British said these same things about George Washington a couple hundred years ago. Some people get tired of watching most others sheeping and get fed up and make a stand for what they feel is right.
                      It is interesting that you were comparing a dictator ordering you to do something with a private property owner and then speaking of rights.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                        Not you specifically but for all, how do you get out of dodge if they haven't given you your money? This isn't the same as going next door to a different establishment if a restaurant tells you to put a mask on or leave as the bank has her money. Her purpose was to do what you said and withdraw her money. She tried to do it thru the drive thru and the bank wouldn't let her. She was 100% right until the cop showed up. At that point she should have left and had the cop get her money for her. As I said, a lot of wrong by all parties on this one.
                        Actually she was 0% right even before the police showed up if you were talking about the law. You might believe she is morally correct but she was not legally. The police are not required to be on scene for criminal trespass to be a valid charge. She broke the law before the police arrived. The officer could have simply walked up and placed handcuffs on her without any discussion whatsoever. Would that be the right response? Not at all in my opinion but she was still wrong. The woman even invited to the news media in an interview that she was told to leave and refused. That is admission admission committing committing a crime.

I have said it before in this thread but sitting behind a keyboard and watching, I believed I would’ve handled it differently than the officer to a point. She was still wrong.

Comment

This is exactly the end result they intended.

Divide & Conquer.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Hey! U know that's waaaaay to simple in this world of conspiracy theory!
                            LOL, yea, trying to keep it simple and straight forward is harder and harder to do these days!

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                              For all of you posters that think a business has the right to set its own rules, answer me this.

Did those businesses have a right to not require masks 2 months ago?

I'll hang up and listen.
                              Also what about when the government stepped in and banned smoking cigarettes in restaurants. I dont smoke and I actually hate cigarette smoke but we should limit what kind of stroke we give the Government.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                                Yes! The only mask that does anything is an N95, all the others are BS and if you keep you paws off your face the odds are slim you'll ever get sick.
                                Partially correct. N95s are the only ones rated to fully protect you from it. But multilayer cloth masks will significantly reduce the water droplets you put out. And for those who say, "oh the water droplets are X number of microns, and a cloth mask is 5X" so it won't do anything, need to educate themselves on filtration.

We run 40 micron filters on our recirc pumps, and I can tell you that particle counts under 40 micron will still drop after being filtered (we use a twin laser particle analyzer to count if you're wondering). Why? Because the filter media is overlapping layers. A cloth mask of multiple layers will also work similarly, the more layers, the better. An easy way to think of it is like cheesecloth. A single layer is a terrible filter because the holes aren't that small, but when you overlap it several times, it's great.

Edit: and no I don't claim cloth masks reduce the spread to zero, but they help.
                                Last edited by sir shovelhands; 03-15-2021, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X