• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well dang

Comment

D. All of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Three women rent a hotel room. Hotel clerk charged them $30. They each pay $10 each. The clerk realized he overcharged them. Cost was $25. He sent the bellhop to return the $5. Well the bellhop decides he can’t split $5 three ways so he pockets $2 and gives $1 back to each of the women. That means the women ended up only paying $9 each for a total of $27. The bellhop kept $2. That totals $29.

What happened to the other dollar?
        The math was answered and another poster mentioned it was a word trick. The reason it's a word trick is in the bolded sentences. When it says the bellhop kept $2 it is misleading b/c that is already included in the $27 (25+2) in the previous sentence. That leaves only the $3 they receive back.

So, as we already know, they paid $25 for the room, $2 for the tip, and got back $1 each totaling $30.

Comment

30-3+2 always equals 29.
          $30 paid - $3 given back is your $27. Less the $2 in the hop’s pocket gets you to $25, which is what the manager has in the register. Adding $2 is the trick of the riddle and has no place in the math.

Comment

25+3 is 28 not 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
              30-3+2 always equals 29.
              $30 paid - $3 given back is your $27. Less the $2 in the hop’s pocket gets you to $25, which is what the manager has in the register. Adding $2 is the trick of the riddle and has no place in the math.
              The trick is asking where the extra dollar went when there is no extra dollar

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X