• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number 2......still alive ������

Comment

Hell to the yes!

Comment

So ur telling me there’s a chance?... that’s awesome!

Comment

Y’all poke holes in my folder plan...Thinking about a 6.5 Creedmoor with a 16” barrel. Going to run it suppressed 100% of the time with a Thunderbeast Dominus or Ultra 7. Looking to keep it short and light. Searching around on the web looks like I should still be able to get just over 2500 FPS. I don’t have visions of shooting super long range and would use it for Hill County deer, hogs, and coyotes/varmint targets of opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post
            Y’all poke holes in my folder plan...Thinking about a 6.5 Creedmoor with a 16” barrel. Going to run it suppressed 100% of the time with a Thunderbeast Dominus or Ultra 7. Looking to keep it short and light. Searching around on the web looks like I should still be able to get just over 2500 FPS. I don’t have visions of shooting super long range and would use it for Hill County deer, hogs, and coyotes/varmint targets of opportunity.

I know we are jumping the gun but I've been thinking about what I would want as well.

I'm thinking 6 Creedmoor with 17-18" barrel and an Ultra 9 on it. Great for blinds/kids and fun to try a PRS match at some point.

Comment

Tried and true 308 or 7mm08 should be good short barrel options I'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                This is going to seem like a rant, but it's not. just a thorough explanation.

I usually won't have the final numbers until we determine which direction we are going(but this time I do, pretty much). Here's the deal............We don't do this to move units, as we are about at capacity right now. We don't really do it as a meaningful way to increase our bottom line, as we make very little with the discounts we give on this deal. We simply do it as a thank you to this community that has supported us so heavily for the past 6 years. It has helped us grow relationships with certain vendors through the years for sure, but bottom line......we just enjoy doing it and feel it's the right thing to do.

It's a unique thing that was born here, and remains here with the TBH community. I don't see it happening in other places with other online communities, and we don't offer it outside the "family". The thing that makes it so unique and not just another "group buy" is that the community gets to drive the design as a group.....which I think is very cool.

That said, a light weight theme has emerged as the over-arching feature for the last several years. In the custom rifle world that means carbon fiber, titanium and skeletonizing to ditch weight. All of which drive component pricing up quickly compared to standard components. While this year's choices will not be cheap......... they will be available at a price that will be HUNDREDS of $$$ less than the same exact build from anywhere else.

I would like to see a more affordable option as well.....and even offered an alternative option on customer supplied actions last year. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or capacity to do it again this year. But we will continue to build the rifle that the community chooses each year as long as we can.

I'll get pricing up and open the ordering thread up over the weekend. Thanks to everyone who participated - whether you purchase a rifle or not, your input is greatly appreciated.
                Appreciate what APR does for the group and wasn't complaining just wondered what the real numbers would be as I would be shocked if all that voted actually purchased.

Thanks again for the awesome gesture and heck ya to both options possibility this year!!

Comment

Maybe it will be priced right that we can all get two!!! Well we will wait and see but him offering both choices sure would make it interesting.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Comment

Option 1 for me. Exactly what I’m looking for.

Comment

I’m super excited about the opportunity. #1 is what I have been looking forever but have never “pulled the trigger”. Only two questions: how do I find out what camo patterns/colors are available. And how many guns to I need to sell to buy it? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter X View Post
                            I’m super excited about the opportunity. #1 is what I have been looking forever but have never “pulled the trigger”. Only two questions: how do I find out what camo patterns/colors are available. And how many guns to I need to sell to buy it? LOL.

If you just joined TBH to take advantage of this build, then it’s not for you.

While the TBH of old is obviously gone, it’s still a **** good place and there’s no other forum quite like it. Take a tour around the campfire. You might learn a thing or two. You might can teach other folks a thing or two. You’ll meet some of the finest people in the world around right here-and a few bow hunters too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              If you just joined TBH to take advantage of this build, then it’s not for you.

While the TBH of old is obviously gone, it’s still a **** good place and there’s no other forum quite like it. Take a tour around the campfire. You might learn a thing or two. You might can teach other folks a thing or two. You’ll meet some of the finest people in the world around right here-and a few bow hunters too.

Thanks for the advice. I’m new to TBH, but I’m excited to learn and share. I’ve been a hunter for 25 years, hunting small game, large game, waterfowl, and hogs. The most exciting hunt was probably hogs on the border of Texas and OK last year. I am heading to CO to hunt Elk this fall and doing everything I can to get ready...i have a lot to learn about Elk. I will probably be posting most in the recipe section because I love to cook and smoke meat. Always trying something new. I will check out the campfire section a little more. There seems to be a lot of good advice there. Thanks. P.S. I’m a bow hunter too...just not super successful at it...yet. ��
                              Last edited by Hunter X; 02-17-2021, 08:01 AM. Reason: Add more context

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X