LH / LE and AR-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LH / LE and AR-15

Any Left Hand and Left Eye dominant people on here shoot a right hand AR-15?

Any issues with gas and brass hitting face and eyes? or is it a no issue, just like a shotgun?

If I need to convert an AR-15 to a lefty what parts do I need to change?

I shoot my Grendel left-handed and don't have any issues. Casing ejects at about 4 o'clock, so i doesn't hit me and the gas has not been an issue.
    Last edited by Kenner97; 01-15-2021, 12:58 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Comment

I'm a lefty with a RH AR as well. haven't had any problems with ejection or gas. I built mine so I did build it with ambi safety and mag release.

Comment

No issues for me either.

Comment

Never had an issue with any of my ARs shooting left handed. Then I bought a LH Stag from a fellow TBHer and don't use my others much anymore. Just put an ambidextrous safety on it and you're good to go.

Comment

My left hand shooting 8yo grandson shot his spike with my right hand grendel. Didn't bother him at all.

Comment

I have both lh and rh. Occasionally when it’s a little windy, I get some gas or blowback in my eyes. The lh is better to me. But probably not enough to justify changing to lh just for the sake of lh.

I get to...

Comment

Lefty as well shooting a RH. Gas is a bit smelly with the suppressor on, but I'm not doing mag dumps, so it doesn't bother me much. If brass hits you in the face, it's short probably stroking. In my opinion the bolt release is made for lefties, but I have big hands. Ambi safety and mag release were a must for me.

As far as converting to a true lefty, that's a different upper receiver and bolt carrier group. In my lefty opinion, not worth it.
                Last edited by sir shovelhands; 01-15-2021, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post

If I need to convert an AR-15 to a lefty what parts do I need to change?
                  You need a lefthand upper and bcg, left hand safety

Comment

No issues... get the hot brass sometimes

Comment

No issues here either. Ambi mag release, ambi safety, and magpul BAD.

Comment

Do they not make a deflector shield any longer? I used one in the military on a M-16.

Comment

Glad to hear it. Thanks fellas!

Comment

No issues...

I have a left hand Stag and love it when a right handed person shoots it!

Comment

I hought a LH stag years ago and like it.

That said, i shot a RH one for years beforehand. A few nuisance things like mentioned above...but no real issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X