Mexico guys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexico guys....

Just got on a place in in Mexico 27 miles into coahuila, my question is how is the phone service down there and what provider do you have? Obviously this will vary drastically depending on exact area and geographical features of the landscape. Would like to pick yalls brains about it a little.

One of my bosses hunts down there said phone service wasn't good at all.

Comment

We hunted 25 miles southwest of Laredo for several years and we had pretty good service all over the ranch. We all had AT&T and would just add the international plan to our phone every year during deer season .

Comment

Where at 27 miles in? I am 24 miles in and have five bars of service. I have AT&T. On some plans you can get bonus service with no roaming charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
          One of my bosses hunts down there said phone service wasn't good at all.
          Lol ! That's what I always told the guys who worked for me too !

Comment

Originally posted by PappaJ View Post
            Where at 27 miles in? I am 24 miles in and have five bars of service. I have AT&T. On some plans you can get bonus service with no roaming charges.
            Not exactly sure as I haven't even seen the ranch. I got on it site unseen. Name of the ranch is "el seventy" however you say seventy in Spanish. Any experience with sprint down there?

Comment

If you have AT&T you will be fine.They also have a "Mexico roaming bonus" plan that you can add for free and use Telcel towers.Free Unlimited talk,text to and from Mexico and 1gb of data free.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                If you have AT&T you will be fine.They also have a "Mexico roaming bonus" plan that you can add for free and use Telcel towers.Free Unlimited talk,text,and 1gb of data free.
                And I just switched to sprint a month ago, that's seems to have been a bad decision.

Comment

One of the guys that hunt with us has sprint and no service. You will just have to try your area. You can buy one of those phones you can prepay minutes on in Mexico and that works well. We have done that and fairly cost effective.

Comment

AT&T can be spotty, but normally is the best. T mobile works relatively good, Verizon andnsprint suck!

Comment

Originally posted by cwittttt View Post
                      And I just switched to sprint a month ago, that's seems to have been a bad decision.
                      I have sprint and had zero service unless you have a cell booster.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                        If you have AT&T you will be fine.They also have a "Mexico roaming bonus" plan that you can add for free and use Telcel towers.Free Unlimited talk,text to and from Mexico and 1gb of data free.
                        This.

I have service on most of the ranch.....and it covers a lot of country.

Comment

That far in you won't have any coverage at all with sprint...a booster wont help. Tmobile or AT&T will be by far your best bet.

Comment

Working...
                          X