Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odoban for Stinky Insulated Hunting Boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odoban for Stinky Insulated Hunting Boots?

I wear Magellan insulated hunting boots for hunting, ranch work and around the house when doing yard work. They have really started to STINK. I've soaked them with a bit of bleach and vinegar and used my Peet boot dryer with ozone but after one wear, they stink again. Anyone tried Odoban on your rubber hunting boots? Did it help? They sell it at Walmart and I may try it before I buy new boots.

Thanks!

I bought a gallon yesterday afternoon ($10/gal), filled my boots with water and a few ounces of Odoban and let them sit overnight. I'm drying them out today to see how the stuff worked or not. If it works, I may fill up a spray bottle with diluted material and just spray them down after I wear them.

Comment

Not being persnickety here but get more boots and rotate them out every day. 4 pairs may work in cycle but it may take 6. But I hope the odoban works instead. ;-)

Comment

The stinky fungus/bacteria likely will be in your socks too. I dont think you used enough vinegar if it didnt work…try diluting it less and full immersion of the boots. You could easily reinoculate your boots if your socks arent treated too.

FYI…dont mix bleach and vinegar…it creates chlorine gas. Ive done this regularly (ignorantly) in my dishwasher and it ended up eating a hole in my drain line amd causing a leak.

Good luck MrOutback

Comment

Working...
        X