Watch yourself.. Scammers are a POS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch yourself.. Scammers are a POS

Anybody know this guy..? A deal was conducted on Texas gun trader posing as this guy. This MAY/ or MAY NOT be individual pictured. If anyone knows Kenneth he may have been a victim and the seller is using his DL posing as him.

He had a beautiful M1A for sale, new never shot, just didn't like the platform. So we worked out a deal via text, had seller send copy of DL. Seller said he didn't have PayPal but his wife had a zelle account, so money sent via zelle (don't ever recommend unless you are 100% sure). Seller said he would have it shipped to my address that afternoon. I done plenty of transactions the same way here on TBH so didn't think much of it, whether it be zelle, applepay, paypal.. Seller came back and said fedex wont ship unless its to a FFL. So I contacted my FFL and sent over the info to the seller so he could update shipping.

Well, the rest of the day went by and into the next. I sent a message just checking on the status of the shipping. Nothing, so I called. He sent it to voicemail and then sent a quick follow up text that said he was on his way to ship. Few hours went by and I asked if he had any trouble shipping...Crickets.

June 2nd was the day the funds were sent and item was to be shipped. June 3rd is when I asked if he had any issues shipping and haven't heard anything since. I gave this guy the benefit of the doubt that he may just not be a savvy texter or communicator, but as time continues to pass...I know I messed up. I have called numerous times, texted, emailed...no prevail. Zelle wont do anything, they say its the same a handing cash to someone.. Lesson learned for sure...

If anybody takes anything from this not everyone is as honest as the TBH group. If you do send funds paypal is the best route..

Going to attach the DL sent, email address's used, and phone number used for the transaction. So any fellow TBH'r don't fall prey and lose their hard earned money...

roblumpking08@gmail.com

806-302-0374

craftoutreach78@gmail.com ( Wifes email for Zelle)
    Attached Files

Hate that happened to you and a crappy lesson learned. Just my opinion, but I wouldn’t forward money like that to strangers off of here either.

Comment

I hate to hear this, on TBH................

Comment

Dang that sucks. I would go out on a limb here and say that ID isn’t the guy you’re dealing with. Most likely someone who’s vehicle was broken into or had something stolen from them with that in there. Hope you can figure it out after all

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          Dang that sucks. I would go out on a limb here and say that ID isn’t the guy you’re dealing with. Most likely someone who’s vehicle was broken into or had something stolen from them with that in there. Hope you can figure it out after all

Yea that's my conclusion as well. I tired getting some info on the guy just to let him know his ID is circulation but haven't had any luck..

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          I hate to hear this, on TBH................
          Not TBH, this was on TGT (Texas Gun Trader)..I know a few members here use it. Just wanted to pass along the info

Comment

I bet it’s not that guy. Only an idiot would send a picture of their license and then steal your money.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
              Yea that's my conclusion as well. I tired getting some info on the guy just to let him know his ID is circulation but haven't had any luck..

Not TBH, this was on TGT (Texas Gun Trader)..I know a few members here use it. Just wanted to pass along the info
              Sorry that happened to you ! I visited that site but had a bad feeling about it! Started doing some research and there is a lot of scamming going on there. I haven’t been back there and won’t.

Comment

Rough..... Sorry, about your problem............
                but glad to hear, it wasan't TBH.............

Comment

Sorta odd he would pull the fedex / ffl deal & then bolt...he had your $$$$ already??

Comment

scammer

is this the same guy???
                    Attached Files

Comment

show the address! We can pay a visit..... I HATE SCAMMERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post
                        is this the same guy???
                        Doesn't look like it to me

Comment

I've done it on here a bunch, and currently have had several hundred dollars of another members money for months now.
                          He still doesn't have the items he purchased, but we do communicate.
                          Done a lot of transactions on TGT and would never think about it on there.
                          FTF only.
                          If it's a scam they generally won't even agree to a ftf.
                          Sorry it happened to you, I know it sucks.

Comment

Here's idea.

How about everybody send him a text...send my gun! And optional, add a picture of the DL to the text. That should blow up his data plan.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                              Here's idea.

How about everybody send him a text...send my gun! And optional, add a picture of the DL to the text. That should blow up his data plan.
                              Ha... blow through the guys prepaid mins.. I have to get my moneys worth out of the guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X