X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manner's

Question about proper manners.

Is it to much to expect a Thanks?

Example. Family member... you get them or do something nice. They do not acknowledge receipt unless you ask and then they almost never say thanks?

Another example. A family member watches your dog for a week. When you drop the dog off you bring them 2 big USDA Prime Ribeye Steaks. Would the steaks be considered a thank you for watching the dogs even if the words are not spoken.

I was told it was be rude to say something to a person for this reason.

I already have my popcorn.
    Last edited by Stan R; 05-23-2021, 07:23 AM.

I don't know....but I also don't spend too much time worrying about other people's proper raising.

But I do worry a little about people who overuse apostrophe's.

See...that was wrong.

Comment

2 Ribeyes is not nearly enough!!

Comment

Oh well, it all started in the schools. Took out the discipline, prayer and pledge of allegiance. And really the no child left behind B/S. We gave a gift card to a good friend's grandson for high school graduation. She told my wife to not expect a thank you card or note. When asked, she replied that he does not know how to write. Oh what a shame this culture change has taken us, and appears to still steady to deteriorate.

Comment

Thanks for this thread.

It’’’’’”””s a valid question.

Comment

Originally posted by Copanocruisin View Post
            Oh well, it all started in the schools. Took out the discipline, prayer and pledge of allegiance. And really the no child left behind B/S. We gave a gift card to a good friend's grandson for high school graduation. She told my wife to not expect a thank you card or note. When asked, she replied that he does not know how to write. Oh what a shame this culture change has taken us, and appears to still steady to deteriorate.
            The schools and No Child Left Behind prevent parents from teaching their own children manners? The culture shift started at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Thanks for this thread.

your the bestest, and i should of said it early'er.

Tho'se other people....their not even close to as good as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Thanks for this thread.

Thank you

Comment

We gave a gift card to a good friend's grandson for high school graduation. She told my wife to not expect a thank you card or note. When asked, she replied that he does not know how to write.
                  That should scare all of us. Graduating kids that don't know how to write! Manners weren't the only thing he wasn't taught.

Comment

Whos' manner's your talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                      Question about proper manners.

Is it to much to expect a Thanks?

Example. Family member... you get them or do something nice. They do not acknowledge receipt unless you ask and then they almost never say thanks?

Another example. A family member watches your dog for a week. When you drop the dog off you bring them 2 big USDA Prime Ribeye Steaks. Would the steaks be considered a thank you for watching the dogs even if the words are not spoken.

I was told it was be rude to say something to a person for this reason.

I already have my popcorn.
                      No it is not to much to expect a thank you. My wife''''''''''''s God Child does not ever send or say thank you for gifts. I've asked the wife to stop sending gifts. Send a card with a nice statement and no money.

Comment

I’d tell the mom that since she failed as a parent I’ll expect her to write one. Otherwise they can return the gift.

Comment

my thoughts are anyone no matter the age that cant at least say thanks for something done for them or a gift doesnt deserve squat ! and the youth of today is the worst (for what ever the reason ) they seem to think its owed to them , but what happens when the well runs dry ? they meltdown and eat themselfs (not a bad thing lol ) also seen a lot of older folks that are ungreatfull in the same way ,, they must be very miserable on the inside . just my thoughts

Comment

It all starts at home. You can't wait until a child is in school to start teaching respect.

For those that can't write, bet they cannot read cursive either. Send them a note and write it in cursive. Tell them to call you and you will send them a gift. If they can't read, then they won't call.

Comment

A well placed 'thank you', 'please', 'you're welcome', 'yes sir', 'yes ma'am', etc. will go a long way.

Comment

Working...
                              X