Theologians answer please…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theologians answer please…

Why would God create a spiritual being who’s whole Eternity (thats like forever) is based on his/her short term on earth ?

Why not?

Comment

Adam and Eve were not created for a short term. They chose disobedience and we are the result of that.

Comment

Too easy of an answer.

If we were Created by Him and he knew us before the womb and we have an eternal disposition after our physical death then we are eternal beings. Why if we are already of God do we get sent here where our eternal disposition with Him can be changed. I know we are here to Worship Him.

Comment

It's a good question.
          I also wonder, Jeremiah 1:5
          New International Version

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
          before you were born I set you apart;
          I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

If as spiritual beings we were before we were humans, what were we doing? What part or piece did we play? If we were before, and we will be after, what really is the point of this trip we call the human experience?

And I've spoken with priests, pastors and well studied ministers. None have the answer. Or give the answer that when we get to heaven all will be revealed. So if we go to hell we'll stay is suspense?

Comment

I’m not a theologian first of all. Are you asking why you’re eternity is based off of your short life here on earth? If so God simply gives people what they want. He offers us eternal life through the free gift of the shed blood of Jesus Christ. Or, folks that choose not to accept that free gift are given what they chose on this side. If you chose no relationship with Christ on this side He gives you the same after death. Born once and die twice. Born twice and die once.

Comment

If I’m already eternal with God why give me the chance to screw it up ?

Make no mistake, I am a knower not by “faith” anymore. I know whats on the other side and glad I’m going there as I got a taste as illustrated in 2 Corinthians 12:2
              Last edited by Johnny44; 05-11-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Humanity is the only creation that has a choice on what we do. The fowl of the air do what they are designed to do, the beasts of the field do what they were designed to do...God created humanity with a free will. I believe it is because He desired a creation that would worship Him on our own accord. Not to be a smartalec, but if you didn't have free will, you would be exactly like the birds/animals/fish/etc. God wanted a creation who would worship Him because we desire to, not due to a design that "forced" us to. Just my thoughts on it

Comment

CHOICE, God gives us the ability to make a choice. Choose him or not. Good or sin! He knows our hearts and wants us to MAKE HIM our choice, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                    If I’m already eternal with God why give me the chance to screw it up ?

Make no mistake, I am a knower not by “faith” anymore. I know whats on the other side and glad I’m going there as I got a taste as illustrated in 2 Corinthians 12:2
                    If your born again you can’t screw it up. You can screw your life up but in the end your still saved. If you could lose your salvation we’d all be toast brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                      Why would God create a spiritual being who’s whole Eternity (thats like forever) is based on his/her short term on earth ?
                      He didn't. He created us perfect, walking with Him in the garden. We are the ones who messed that up. He had to give us free will or it wouldn't be love. Unfortunately we choose wrong more often than not.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a test.. You pass or fail.. The rules are laid out for anyone willing to read them and live by them. .. Your choice.. It ain't easy but Pretty simple to understand IMO. But I'm not judging anyone..

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                          Humanity is the only creation that has a choice on what we do. The fowl of the air do what they are designed to do, the beasts of the field do what they were designed to do...God created humanity with a free will. I believe it is because He desired a creation that would worship Him on our own accord. Not to be a smartalec, but if you didn't have free will, you would be exactly like the birds/animals/fish/etc. God wanted a creation who would worship Him because we desire to, not due to a design that "forced" us to. Just my thoughts on it
                          Maybe not forced but certainly not logical.
                          Worship me or Ill burn you alive forever.....
                          If God knows the beginning and end, then before you were ever created he knew whether you would burn, or go to Heaven.
                          My fate was decided long long ago, before I was ever created.
                          Seems like a lot of suffering here on earth, and after, just so a select few He already knew about can hang out with him later.
                          Like DRT Ive put 100s of these questions to 100s of men of the cloth over my lifetime.
                          Put before them as a little kid countless times, because since I was born, I could never make peace with any of it in my head.
                          People talk about the sacrifice of giving your only son.
                          If I had the power, and knew my son would rise again, well you could kill him a 1000 times, and it would be no sweat off my back, in the scheme of eternity and a all powerful being.
                          But no answers of anykind...
                          Put em all in your "why" bag and ask God when you get there.
                          Or dont, because according to all Ive ever dealt with, when you get to heaven you wont care about those questions, anymore .
                          Such a bewildering topic.

Comment

He is God, we are not. We do not understand many things about God. He gives us his word to study and learn more about him. However, the things he reveals in the Bible are the things he has chosen to reveal to us. He gives us some peaks as to what heaven is like, but we cannot comprehend what it is really like. Nor can we understand why he would send his only son to die for all of us who do not deserve it. The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23) ; We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23); But God commended his own love for us, in that, while we were still sinners Christ died for us (Romans 5:8). It is not our place to understand. It is our place to have faith that God's word is true.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Maybe not forced but certainly not logical.
                              Worship me or Ill burn you alive forever.....
                              If God knows the beginning and end, then before you were ever created he knew whether you would burn, or go to Heaven.
                              My fate was decided long long ago, before I was ever created.
                              Seems like a lot of suffering here on earth, and after, just so a select few He already knew about can hang out with him later.
                              Like DRT Ive put 100s of these questions to 100s of men of the cloth over my lifetime.
                              Put before them as a little kid countless times, because since I was born, I could never make peace with any of it in my head.
                              People talk about the sacrifice of giving your only son.
                              If I had the power, and knew my son would rise again, well you could kill him a 1000 times, and it would be no sweat off my back, in the scheme of eternity and a all powerful being.
                              But no answers of anykind...
                              Put em all in your "why" bag and ask God when you get there.
                              Or dont, because according to all Ive ever dealt with, when you get to heaven you wont care about those questions, anymore .
                              Such a bewildering topic.
                              I believe I know where my Son's are going to end up but I would never want them to experience the agony and death Christ did. You have kids?

Comment

Working...
                              X