New dictionary words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New dictionary words

Dictionary.com has added 600 new words and definitions to its site for 2021, many of which are coronavirus-related and others taken from common vernacular. With the English language ever-evolving, dictionary.com, along with other dictionary companies, are constantly on the lookout for new and worthy words.

This year’s hot ones on the dictionary.com list include “supposably” (instead of “supposedly”) and “finna,” which means fixing to.

"You was supposably gonna come over here but you didn't so now I'm finna whoop yo ...."

Nice knowing you America! Idiocracy is coming true.

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
    Dictionary.com has added 600 new words and definitions to its site for 2021, many of which are coronavirus-related and others taken from common vernacular. With the English language ever-evolving, dictionary.com, along with other dictionary companies, are constantly on the lookout for new and worthy words.

This year’s hot ones on the dictionary.com list include “supposably” (instead of “supposedly”) and “finna,” which means fixing to.

"You was supposably gonna come over here but you didn't so now I'm finna whoop yo ...."

Nice knowing you America! Idiocracy is coming true.
    Let me axe you... is this fo real?

Comment

Apparently it is real. I saw it on the news, then googled it and had to report for myself for therapeutic reasons.

Comment

Stupidity knows no bounds...knowwhaimsayin?

Comment

Wait, so that language I hear at times and cannot comprehend could be English? No way! Lol

Comment

This nonsense will blow up the Spellcheck.

Comment

Read the comments on any Fakebook or Instacrap post and you'll lose faith in the American education system.

Comment

*****, dat jank.

Comment

oops, guess TBH already has some of those spellings in their dictionary:-)... Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                    Read the comments on any Fakebook or Instacrap post and you'll lose faith in the American education system.
                    lose faith...... that happen, years ago.............
                    There is, no education system.................
                    Only an indoctrination system............
                    That's why I don't teach, anymore..........

Comment

Can't wait till these students write a paper and either 1, the teacher can't understand it or 2, it sounds like a want to (wanna as some say it) be thug from the hood wrote it. Starts with these idiots parents who don't know English either and it trickles down!

Comment

Hasbro is behind this. Trying to make Scrabble more appealing to the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
                          Can't wait till these students write a paper and either 1, the teacher can't understand it or 2, it sounds like a want to (wanna as some say it) be thug from the hood wrote it. Starts with these idiots parents who don't know English either and it trickles down!
                          Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Spino~ View Post
                            Agreed!

I think I saw you this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post

I think I saw you this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Looks better than the skittles car

Comment