SA Spiral slam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Spiral slam?

I’m looking to start booking for 2022-2023 for South Africa with main interest being the spiral slam+ a zebra and probably a few others. I know there’s tons of threads on here and I’ve been searching thru them, but am looking for do’s/dont’s and what to look for in an outfitter? So far I’ve talked a bit with limcroma and John x. I liked limcroma and he comes in almost $1,000 lower than John x. If y’all have any recommendations or tips then let me hear them! Thanks

Sent you a PM

Comment

Check your PMs.

Comment

Also sent a PM.

Comment

Check out https://www.baylysippelsafaris.co.za/ thier spiral package plus impala is a 10 day all inclusive at 9700. They have archery setups as well. We have a hunt set up with them in a few months but may unfortunately have to push it back to next year. There are a few here who have a lot of info about hunting Africa!!

Comment

Are you interested in gun hunting or bow hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
              Are you interested in gun hunting or bow hunting?
              I think we’ll all bow hunt but one of them is unsure yet

Comment

Originally posted by St59 View Post
                I’m looking to start booking for 2022-2023 for South Africa with main interest being the spiral slam+ a zebra and probably a few others. I know there’s tons of threads on here and I’ve been searching thru them, but am looking for do’s/dont’s and what to look for in an outfitter? So far I’ve talked a bit with limcroma and John x. I liked limcroma and he comes in almost $1,000 lower than John x. If y’all have any recommendations or tips then let me hear them! Thanks
                I cannot recommend Hannes Els and Limcroma Safaris highly enough...! Especially for bow hunting... I have been very fortunate to have hunted with many outfitters both in the USA and internationally, and none compare to the expertise and attention to the details that these guys provide to their hunters. Hannes Els runs a first-class operation in every way. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions or would like to hear about my safaris with Limcroma.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Dang you might as well I asked what everyone's favorite burger joint is Do yourself a favor and go to Africahunting.com and read the Hunting Reports and Safari Planning sections for all the info you could ever want.

Comment

Originally posted by firehunt fish View Post
                      I cannot recommend Hannes Els and Limcroma Safaris highly enough...! Especially for bow hunting... I have been very fortunate to have hunted with many outfitters both in the USA and internationally, and none compare to the expertise and attention to the details that these guys provide to their hunters. Hannes Els runs a first-class operation in every way. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions or would like to hear about my safaris with Limcroma.
                      I agree with this. I got my spiral slam with my bow at Limcroma. Also took my Springbok slam with a bow with them. Always a great time with great people.

Things to know, the cheapest animal of the Spiral slam is also the most difficult. Doesn't really make sense, but its true. The Bushbuck is the biggest challenge and the most affordable. It is not uncommon to take a 60 yard shot for these things. Practice your long distances. Limcroma went out of their way to really make sure I was able to get an opportunity at my bushbuck. My PH worked for a year ahead of time scouting everything, checking out new properties that held good numbers of them, etc... We talked almost every other week for the year leading up to it. We knew the challenge of getting a bushbuck with a bow and he made sure he had all the angles covered so that when I showed up he had a plan, a back up plan, a back up to the back up, etc... Luckily we were able to get it done with our first attempt. Saw several bushbuck, mostly young, but finally had an old mature ram show up and it was all over.

I know Limcroma is loaded with Eland, Kudu and Nyala as well. I took my Nyala spot and stalk. It was a lot of fun in the morning, with the sun still rising. The best part of the Spiral slam is that all 4 of them are fantastic eating. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X