No announcement yet.

Neighbor built a rifle range on the fence line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just go line the fence up with plastic drums, filled with water. It'll serve as a backstop for some safety. You'll know if a round crosses and still retain it for evidence if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
      Just go line the fence up with plastic drums, filled with water. It'll serve as a backstop for some safety. You'll know if a round crosses and still retain it for evidence if needed.
      That actually seems like a relatively inexpensive defense to projectiles and also serves to gather evidence and maybe open the neighbor's eyes if he hears a hit. Assuming everything lines up where the barrels are high enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
        My ammo all comes from here, Academy and online sales these days lol.
        Yeah, I have just ten left and can't find anymore for years now. Probably outlawed them.

Comment

sue range owner for denying you the safe use of your own property. Lawyer buddy of mine did this to two serial poachers on his land in Alabama to the tune of $10,000 each. Stopped the poaching.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post

I like this

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
              sue range owner for denying you the safe use of your own property. Lawyer buddy of mine did this to two serial poachers on his land in Alabama to the tune of $10,000 each. Stopped the poaching.
              I think the key on that is "on his land". I wouldn't be happy at all if I was OP but I think it's a very up hill battle. Luckily I have all good neighbors that work together.

Comment

No update from the OP since he posted this on the 14th. I wonder if anything has been done at all. Was the neighbor talked to? Authorities called?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  No update from the OP since he posted this on the 14th. I wonder if anything has been done at all. Was the neighbor talked to? Authorities called?
                  We tried to talk with the neighbor and he told us to move our cabin. Have followed up with the Warden and working on scheduling a time for him to come out and see first hand and speak with the landowner. Warden has already told us, based on pictures it is a concerning matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    From what I've found on the goggler his cabin is 10 feet of the property line

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                    You would be incorrect sir if referring to our cabin. Our cabin is over 40 yards from the property line. However. Based on the fence line and how the range is set it angles in towards our property
                    Last edited by Dirt_Dance; 06-18-2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt_Dance View Post
                      You would be incorrect sir if referring to our cabin
                      So, how far is the cabin located in proximity to the range? Directly behind, beside it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt_Dance View Post
                        We tried to talk with the neighbor and he told us to move our cabin. Have followed up with the Warden and working on scheduling a time for him to come out and see first hand and speak with the landowner. Warden has already told us, based on pictures it is a concerning matter.

“Move our cabin” would have been fighting words for me. Sorry you’re having to deal with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                          Yeah Smart…..I read it all. What do you think I missed? The guy has done nothing wrong. Just because the OP doesn’t like it, doesn’t give him a greater right over the other guy’s property and what he can/can’t do on it. Leave the guy alone. Mind your own business. Don’t be trying to police others when it inconveniences you in some way. It doesn’t matter what the landowner does, it sounds like the OP is going to cry no matter what. If he were to build a drive in theater, he’d cry about that. If he had put in a short range pistol only range, he’d cry about that too. If he decided to put light plants every 50ft on the fence, he’d cry…… what it comes down to is the OP wouldn’t like anything if he feels it’s inconvenienced him in anyway.

Where is the cabin from that last target at 1K? Show us on google maps. How many trees/brush are in between that target and his cabin? What is the elevation change from the target to the cabin (exact locations)?
                          Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          The OP has been asked quite a few times to provide a reference to his cabin location. He still hasn’t. I’m inclined to believe it would have been provided by now had it been relevant. Since it hasn’t been provided I’m thinking it only makes his argument weaker.
                          Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                          So, how far is the cabin located in proximity to the range? Directly behind, beside it?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it doesn't look like he wants to answer this question.

Comment

I’d be pretty furious if this happened to me, even though the other property owner prob has the right to do it. Pretty CS of the other owner though, whether legal or not.

Comment

Maybe he just high fences and puts a steel plate in you area of concern. That would fix everything. Keep you from climbing over and getting in his business, keeps his rounds safe, keeps critters off your place so you aint shoooting his way

Comment

Working...
                              X