Proper footwear for the kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper footwear for the kids

This weekend while working at out land in Rusk my daughter was bitten by something on the back of her heel. ER and poison control control suspect a minor bite from either a copperhead or a timber rattler.

Wife and I were cleaning up a tree line, daughter was playing near the house on a sand pile and came to see what we were doing and tell us about her sand fort she built. We are always having to tell here to wear shoes or her boots when we are up there. She came across the pasture in sandals, and neither one of us noticed. We finished up dragging branches and make brush piles to burn. My daughter had walked into the edge of the woods to look at an old dump area from the early 1900's to look at old bottles etc.

Well she hollered and took off running saying something bit or stung her. We checked her out and saw a small spot on the back of her heel with blood. We assumed a scorpion or something. I checked the area where she was and did not see any snakes.

Anyways watch those kids and what footwear they have on.

Here are pics over the course of 48 hrs.
    Attached Files

Prayers up

Comment

Poor baby..............
      Prayers up, for the young lady..................
      updates ?????

Comment

Poor thing. Glad she didn’t get it any worse.

Prayers up

Comment

Ouch ! prayers up for her.

Comment

Dang. Looks like a snake bite.

Comment

poor thing. hope she is better soon.

Comment

Thank you for the prayers. She is feeling fine, and was actually feeling ok about 2 hours after the bite. She even wanted to go on the ranger to set a racoon trap. She has been a trooper during all this.

My wife put the sharpie marks on her leg and put a circle around the bite. While we weren't looking she drew a frowning face in the circle.... ER Dr. made her was it off after a laugh so he could examine it better.

I think she is most upset that while we were gone to our land her saddle we ordered showed up and she will not be able to ride for a while.
                Last edited by Mofo; 05-18-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Hope she continues to improve. She's a tough one. Prayers for her continued recovery.

Comment

Glad your daughter is doing better. Drawing that funny face on the bite, and now upset about a saddle time delay, she sounds like a great kid. Spoil her for us, and we hope she is soon back to 100% health.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                      Glad your daughter is doing better. Drawing that funny face on the bite, and now upset about a saddle time delay, she sounds like a great kid. Spoil her for us, and we hope she is soon back to 100% health.
                      We are spoiling her for sure, we have been leasing a horse for the last year and she has shown a lot of responsibility and never complains about the chores that go along with a horse. Tonight we purchased the horse and are going to present it to her in a few weeks when we can think of a creative way to do it.

Comment

Wow! looks painful. I'm glad she's taking it well.

Comment

Bless her heart! Prayers Sent up

Comment

Praying for a fast recovery. Does look more like a snake but then scorpion to me . Been hit by scorpions dozens of times . My girl got hit on the inner thigh when she was about two . Went to the er . Cause she was in a lot of pain . It never got swollen but had a rash. I can’t get neither one of my kids to wear shoes or boots outside. We Living in the country with a lot of copperhead .

Comment

Prayers for family

Comment

Working...
                              X