Clear All

Awesome! I want one

Comment

Here are the "before" pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

That is a fine truck!
        AWESOME JOB!!!
        I want one like it but stepside shortbed.

Comment

Holy cow!!! That’s Amazing!!!

Comment

I have a 62. Wish it was 4wd. It is a 3/4 with the V6 big block 305. Fun driver. A few years ago I tracked down the original owner. Showed him the registration documents I had and paperwork he kept in the glove box. I am the 3rd owner. He grinned ear to ear. I took him on a cruise. Grabbed a burger and good conversation. The rear bumper is a stout piece of angle iron as bumpers were an option at that time. He did it nicely. Rounding the corners with a hand file. Rough but good weld securing the bolts. With a 2 inch ball. I have towed my race car with it several times. He loved that. He told me he did not like my blue color I painted. He said the yellow looked better. I have taken him for a burger every couple months till he passed at 97 yrs old. His son told me, his dad thought I was right up there with John Wayne. Made his day going for a cruise down old bumpy back roads. Oh, he did not like I put lap belts in it. He said it was fine without them. I would drive about 1.5 hours to his place. The 1st day I met him I also met his .410. Asking why the heck I was on his porch. If I never do anything else in this life those several years I spent days with him, eating burgers and cruising are some of the best memories I'll have. Every outing we took was a life lesson. Every turn here let me show you this. Every errand we took to the feedstore to pick up seeds, chicken scratch, and deer corn. There was a lesson evolved. Good man.

Comment

Also, I can share pics if someone can post them. 254-247-7eightzero5

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                I have a 62. Wish it was 4wd. It is a 3/4 with the V6 big block 305. Fun driver. A few years ago I tracked down the original owner. Showed him the registration documents I had and paperwork he kept in the glove box. I am the 3rd owner. He grinned ear to ear. I took him on a cruise. Grabbed a burger and good conversation. The rear bumper is a stout piece of angle iron as bumpers were an option at that time. He did it nicely. Rounding the corners with a hand file. Rough but good weld securing the bolts. With a 2 inch ball. I have towed my race car with it several times. He loved that. He told me he did not like my blue color I painted. He said the yellow looked better. I have taken him for a burger every couple months till he passed at 97 yrs old. His son told me, his dad thought I was right up there with John Wayne. Made his day going for a cruise down old bumpy back roads. Oh, he did not like I put lap belts in it. He said it was fine without them. I would drive about 1.5 hours to his place. The 1st day I met him I also met his .410. Asking why the heck I was on his porch. If I never do anything else in this life those several years I spent days with him, eating burgers and cruising are some of the best memories I'll have. Every outing we took was a life lesson. Every turn here let me show you this. Every errand we took to the feedstore to pick up seeds, chicken scratch, and deer corn. There was a lesson evolved. Good man.
                What a blessing you were in his life. Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                  What a blessing you were in his life. Thanks for sharing that.
                  I think it was reciprocal as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    I think it was reciprocal as well.
                    Amen. I got more from the time shared than I will ever be able to express in words.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                      Great job on your part, thanks for sharing. I’d love to see pics.

Comment

Nice !

Comment

Some transformation

Great job

Comment

Beyond AWESOME!! Great job brother! Heck, I loved it in the “before” condition! I’ve been saying forever that I’m gonna find me one in this generation of trucks, and 4x4, but they’re hard to come by! Had its twin on the farm growing up, but it got “gone” before I was old enough to pitch a fit about it. Also had a ‘72 3/4 ton 4x4, a late 70’s, and the list goes on. Awesome trucks! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Outstanding, what a beauty. Simple lines, simple straight six motor, basic interior, that is a fine looking truck. Great work you and your buddy did.

Comment

Very cool!! My dad is having grandads 66ish GMC truck completely redone by a shop that does restorations...they been working on it for 2 years!!lol

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X