• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I think he does insurance, soooooo, close enough

But has a law degree

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      When our son was injured His doctor told me “you may need to consult an attorney “. I said “your right. They need to cover his medical expenses”. His response while looking puzzled, “I don’t think you understand. Your sons brain has been irreparably damaged. He will walk and talk but no one goes through a two and one half hour grand mal seizure and comes out unscathed “.

So no my original intent was not to make bank but cover ours sons medical expenses for what I thought would be a bump in the road. Little did I know that it would alter not only his life but ours as well. No amount of money would ever be worth him becoming disabled.
      I completely agree with you and so very very sorry for your sons injuries. Prayers to you and him.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Best wishes for your MIL. Now I know why insurance is so high.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          She's going to be talking to one if Lowe's contacts her.
          If he does not file a lawsuit, why will LOWE's be contacting her. And how would Lowe's know who to contact if no report/lawsuit is filed?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            If he does not file a lawsuit, why will LOWE's be contacting her. And how would Lowe's know who to contact if no report/lawsuit is filed?
            Just a hunch...

They might have asked her what her name was as the ambulance was loading her up in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
              Just a hunch...

They might have asked her what her name was as the ambulance was loading her up in the store.
              Bingo!
              They have tried but she was in the hospital
              And A witness contacted me about them filing a complaint a month ago about the broken tile

Comment

Does anyone on here realize why the caution tape is on the floor at that spot? Seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Like Rod(atfulldraw) said, lowes attorney's will contact her and ask to sign "various" papers.

Not hard for them to find out exactly where she is.

OP, Hope your MIL recovers from her injuries.

IMHO, if Lowes put caution tape down, they knew there was an issue.

Someone earlier made a stupid(yeah I said it) post about if there was a sign saying don't touch high voiltage...would you sue if electrocuted...

I was at at restaraunt in Austin a while back and the restroom hot water was "SCALDING" hot. I told the manager and he said it is tied into the dishwasher and they had signs that said water was hot. WTH

I told him a kid could severly burned. I about ripped him a new one and they are not in business anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    I hope your mother-in-law heals completely. Getting older and more immobile is frustrating for those that age.

My mom, 70, falls a lot here lately. Banged herself up pretty good last time. So far it’s just been at home or in the yard, but one of these days it’ll happen in public and........ ChaChing!!!! Gonna own us a HEB or Hobby Lobby or maybe even a ChickFilA. It’s like buying a lottery ticket. Just gotta wait for that number to come up.[emoji6][emoji849] Many of y’all are just as ridiculous as what I just typed!

And it looks to me, that the tile in question is floated with grout to a common grade....not to mention the tape designating a change in elevation is clearly visible.

I have a new list of people banned from my properties! Evidently, I now have to be responsible for the balance of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Couldn't agree more!

Comment

So how is your MIL doing now? I hope that she is much better!

Comment

Hope she recovers.
                        I agree there is no cause for a lawsuit. Any place there is a transition from one floor type to the other is why the tread tape is there.
                        But she'll get paid. Lowe's will do it as to not have to go through a lawsuit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Could fix that wanting to move because of property taxes...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            Could fix that wanting to move because of property taxes...
                            think you are in the wrong pasture

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              think you are in the wrong pasture
                              Probably went over your head

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                                Hope she recovers.
                                I agree there is no cause for a lawsuit. Any place there is a transition from one floor type to the other is why the tread tape is there.
                                But she'll get paid. Lowe's will do it as to not have to go through a lawsuit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

True, but most of it was because it went from a cement floor to a tile floor which meant there was a transition in the level of the 2 floors. Heck, there are a lot of people that could trip and fall in this type of transition.

Comment

Working...
                                X