Gun Safe Won’t Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Safe Won’t Open

I have a Safari Gun Safe that won’t open. When I ‘wake up’ the key pad it tells me low battery; the battery LED indicator shows about 1/3 full. I enter the correct code, it says ‘open’, but the door won’t unlock.

There is a small pin hole on the key pad; it doesn’t look like there is any hex key or screw in there. Smallest hex I put in there didn’t grab anything. I tried using a door punch and pushing around in there.

I tried rotating the keypad from the safe but no dice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you changed the battery?

Comment

Put a new battery in it.. Mine does the same thing all the time.. New battery fixes it Everytime. These junky things like a hot battery. They won't operate on a battery a little on the low side.

Comment

Gun Safe Won’t Open

Battery is too low to disengage the lock. The silver ring around the keypad should rotate off

Comment

Change the battery

Comment

Well i guess I didn't post quick enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Put a new battery in it.. Mine does the same thing all the time.. New battery fixes it Everytime. These junky things like a hot battery. They won't operate on a battery a little on the low side.
              Yup. I have a liberty at the ranch. Duracell works and oddly enough would not reset with a new Energizer. Bought a two pack of Energizers--recent manufacture--and wouldn't work with either. New Duracell opened right up. Odd.

Comment

New battery. My Liberty Fatboy does the same.

Comment

Has anyone mentioned a new battery?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think he is saying that he can’t figure out how/where to put a new battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlife View Post
                      I think he is saying that he can’t figure out how/where to put a new battery.
                      Correct, thank you. Poorly worded on my part. And of the nth YouTube videos I have watched, I haven’t seen one with this keypad. All the others the battery pops right out of the bottom or the keypad pops off.

Comment

Try pushing up on entire key pad with the base of your palm. (Pretty firmly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Manual rotary lock..

I have always had a fear in the back of my head some scenario where an EMP or something smoked my locks and im f'd lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

The keypad twists off allowing access to change the battery. I think you twist counter clockwise if I remember correctly.

Comment

Gun Safe Won’t Open

Well it appears this keypad wasn’t meant to come off. I broke the three plastic pins holding it on.

The small hole on the keypad seems to be a way to deliver auxiliary power? How would I go about doing that? What tool/device is needed?

Comment

Working...
                              X